Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing he'd be too expensive but it looks like Enner Valencia would be a great signing.

Three goals in two games this World Cup and 18 in 23 for Pachuca this season. More importantly, he can play as a winger and so would fit into our system without having to drop Martin.

I'm guessing he'd be too expensive but it looks like Enner Valencia would be a great signing.

Three goals in two games this World Cup and 18 in 23 for Pachuca this season. More importantly, he can play as a winger and so would fit into our system without having to drop Martin.

I think he'll now attract the big clubs. Any player that excels at the World Cup is at the forefront of all clubs attention, it's hard to slip under the radar when you perform so well at such a big event.

I would love Derby to sign him but I think he'll have a few clubs bigger than us in for him now unfortunately. 

A little bit of silly talk about Diego Poyet to Derby...

A19 year old prospect who can play the 'regista' role and who's fee is basically compensation? Would be worth a punt if the wages were respectable.

I think his wage may be overinflated because of his name however.

A little bit of silly talk about Diego Poyet to Derby...

A19 year old prospect who can play the 'regista' role and who's fee is basically compensation? Would be worth a punt if the wages were respectable.

I think his wage may be overinflated because of his name however.

Out of contract so would still require a decent fee. Can see prem sides being interested In him. Where you seen this?

Out of contract so would still require a decent fee. Can see prem sides being interested In him. Where you seen this?

Sorry, I thought I'd already included that in my original post but hadn't. I saw it on the fountain of knowledge that is Twitter.

As this is the player suggestion thread, I'm going to throw in a particularly daft one. Maybe as a loan; astonishing if permanent. Mad to even consider it, but a player that could transform us defensively would be out-of-favour Micah Richards, who I think McClaren called into the England squad and he's been out of favour since the great one left that particular role.

The question is, does he want too play week in week out? Does he want to do that for a great coach who believes in him, as part of an exuberant attacking side? Or would he rather go to seed picking up a giant pay packet?

Sam Rush - if you're reading this, make it happen!

As this is the player suggestion thread, I'm going to throw in a particularly daft one. Maybe as a loan; astonishing if permanent. Mad to even consider it, but a player that could transform us defensively would be out-of-favour Micah Richards, who I think McClaren called into the England squad and he's been out of favour since the great one left that particular role.

The question is, does he want too play week in week out? Does he want to do that for a great coach who believes in him, as part of an exuberant attacking side? Or would he rather go to seed picking up a giant pay packet?

Sam Rush - if you're reading this, make it happen!

Would almost definitely have to be loan, and that would depend on Man City being happy to pay large amount of his wages, as we won't be paying a huge amount.

But if it happened, what a coup. That's a right back to add to an already good team

Archived