Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't mind trying with a bid for Alex Mowatt.

No better than what we've got at all - if he's even at the level of what we've got yet, and reckon Leeds would want a couple of million. Not much point

I'd be a bit worried about a complete overhaul in all honesty.

Stupid, I know, but let's say Keogh Buxton Bryson Hughes Hendrick and Martin to all go and I'd feel incredibly anxious about who we bring in. 

Incredibly unlikely that we'll sell all of them because we'll have sold over 2/3 of our starting 11 from last season... 

Sam Rush has made the point that we don't need to sell so hopefully we'll be able to hang on to the majority of the 1st team

Incredibly unlikely that we'll sell all of them because we'll have sold over 2/3 of our starting 11 from last season... 

Sam Rush has made the point that we don't need to sell so hopefully we'll be able to hang on to the majority of the 1st team

If I was going to be cut throat about the whole process, and we had the money to do it.

I'd bring in a new LB CB RB CDM RW and ST and that's it. Obviously not to all start, like, but they're the positions that I think if filled with quality then we'll be in a top, top shape.

There are no gurantees in football though, and that has to be said. Will we no have any injuries, will Martin bang in 20 again and can Bryson ping 16 goals? Who knows. 

The system gives me the most confidence, and yet some people want to scrap it. I'd be mortified to see us drop that 4-3-3 - we should embrace it. 

If I was going to be cut throat about the whole process, and we had the money to do it.

I'd bring in a new LB CB RB CDM RW and ST and that's it. Obviously not to all start, like, but they're the positions that I think if filled with quality then we'll be in a top, top shape.

There are no gurantees in football though, and that has to be said. Will we no have any injuries, will Martin bang in 20 again and can Bryson ping 16 goals? Who knows. 

The system gives me the most confidence, and yet some people want to scrap it. I'd be mortified to see us drop that 4-3-3 - we should embrace it. 

I agree. I think RB, CDM and RW/LW should be a priority though. We get solid players in those positions and I think we're capable of pushing for top 2.

Just play Hughes and Hendrick and then give that Bunjaku lad a go at being backup

So you lose your best midfielder and don't replace him? not for me. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Hendrick and Hughes, but that Bunjaku may be worse than Sammon for all we know. 

750k would struggle to bring Ben Pringle back, mind  :ph34r:

John Swift loan? 

So you lose your best midfielder and don't replace him? not for me. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Hendrick and Hughes, but that Bunjaku may be worse than Sammon for all we know. 

750k would struggle to bring Ben Pringle back, mind  :ph34r:

John Swift loan? 

Swift/Baker/Zelalem loan wouldn't be too bad but I'd much rather keep Bryson  :(

Another annoying thing is I reckon Jacobs would have been able to do a good job in Bryson's position. Might have needed to improve a little defensively but as an attack minded midfielder he can grab a few goals as he's shown at Wolves

Archived