Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

Having watched Rohan Ince play for Brighton against us in the play off semis, although we dominated them, he seemed like a good player.

Would perhaps be an alternative to Thorne if we couldn't sign him?? Not sure about his technical ability but in terms of power and defending, he seemed quality. Plus he's only young.

Really? I though he just looked a big lump in midfield who could put his foot in a bit

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Shane Long, it's probably planning ahead a little, but if we were to get promoted next season we'd need a player like him alongside Martin - for me they'd work well - opinions? If Hull went down?

And we should make a realistic bid for Thorne - £1.5mil - £1.75mil?

Shaun Hutchinson would be good from the SPL, other defenders?

What about Shane Long, it's probably planning ahead a little, but if we were to get promoted next season we'd need a player like him alongside Martin - for me they'd work well - opinions? If Hull went down?

And we should make a realistic bid for Thorne - £1.5mil - £1.75mil?

Shaun Hutchinson would be good from the SPL, other defenders?

I expect, if we get Thorne, we are going to have to pay around 3 million for him. We value Hughes, as fans, at around 8-10 mil roughly. I reckon anything under 4 million for Thorne is a bargain, given his potential as well as his outstanding performances for us.

Miyaichi is an interesting one for me. Played for Bolton and Wigan on loan in the prem and showed potential but hasn't had a look in. He has blistering pace from what I saw from him and would give some championship full backs something to think about. don't think he`ll get a look in at Arsenal due to Podolski, Walcott, The Ox, Cazorla, Serge Gnabry and even Joel Campbell. Surprised another Prem team hasn't snatched him up on loan or even on a permanent last season. Hope we can get him and like Jayweb95 says, a successful loan would do wonders for him and maybe could help Arsenal offload him if they deem him as surplus to requirements.

As a RB- Kevin Theophile-Catherine from Cardiff? Looks like a very attacking full back similar to Forsyth and looks better on the ball than Wisdom was.

The only issue could be price. They paid just over 2 million for him so he would be pricey as well as potentially high wages.

Could do much worse than Luke Ayling IMO. But I honestly think we'll sign Wisdom as Liverpool are buying at RB again

Would *love* us to sign Wisdom. Hope you're right. If so, I think he's a better long term bet at CB and would consider swapping him and Keogh over.

Archived