Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

Agree on Miller, I thought something similar after he shoved Keogh off the ball before scoring. Nowhere near as good technique as Martin, but makes up for it with his physical attributes. Would give us a different option off the bench and did have a decent scoring record at Yeovil.

Not that dumb of a suggestion, wages may be an issue but if he's available for free it should balance itself out financially.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gumps I've seen have constantly claimed Miller was on £18k a week and have used it as a stick to beat McClaren with since he signed. Don't think there's any chance Yeovil would've paid close to half that, their wage bill is tiny, so either he was never on that much or Forest have pretty much paid his whole wage all season anyway.

To put it into perspective, Yeovil's wage bill this season was supposedly around £1m, Miller at 9k a week would be nearly 50% of that by himself...

I might get slaughtered for this but...Ishmael Miller.

Released by Forest so no initial fee and shouldn't be asking for anything like the wages McClaren allegedly signed him for initially at Forest. Scored 1 in 2 for, lets face it, a poor Yeovil side whilst out on loan and he terrorised us at home with his power and pace.

Ok his scoring record isn't great throughout his career but I reckon he offers something a bit different if we need to change it up and go a bit more direct every once in a while. Perhaps the main concern would be his seemingly volatile personality but if we could keep that under control I think he could be a useful option off the bench.

Just a thought :ph34r:

He would do a job to fair, strong powerful and quick. Im sure he would sign for us seeing as we down the road. I would take him if the wages are low. 

You might be right about mercenaries and upsetting the dressing room but I think it's harsh to call him pish.

I'd certainly only have him if it was on a wage that reflected his initial role as backup/plan B. His personality I'd like to think could be handled by some decent man management but I suppose it would be a gamble of sorts. All in all I'd be surprised if anything came of it, but I'd be quite happy for him to be our second striker next season.

You might be right about mercenaries and upsetting the dressing room but I think it's harsh to call him pish.

I'd certainly only have him if it was on a wage that reflected his initial role as backup/plan B. His personality I'd like to think could be handled by some decent man management but I suppose it would be a gamble of sorts. All in all I'd be surprised if anything came of it, but I'd be quite happy for him to be our second striker next season.

He's never really scored goals minus at Yeovil. Decent enough but I feel we could do better

Released by Forest so no initial fee and shouldn't be asking for anything like the wages McClaren allegedly signed him for initially at Forest. Scored 1 in 2 for, lets face it, a poor Yeovil side whilst out on loan and he terrorised us at home with his power and pace.

Ok his scoring record isn't great throughout his career but I reckon he offers something a bit different if we need to change it up and go a bit more direct every once in a while. Perhaps the main concern would be his seemingly volatile personality but if we could keep that under control I think he could be a useful option off the bench.

I've been thinking him for a while, never dared mention him incase I got shot down

I've been thinking him for a while, never dared mention him incase I got shot down

He's never really scored goals minus at Yeovil. Decent enough but I feel we could do better

You're right of course, but he's now coming into the prime of his the career and the fact he scored for fun in that Yeovil side must be a good sign?

We could possibly do better, but then again decent strikers often command pretty hefty fees and I don't think we could justify spending much on someone that's going to spend most of their time on the bench.

You're right of course, but he's now coming into the prime of his the career and the fact he scored for fun in that Yeovil side must be a good sign?

We could possibly do better, but then again decent strikers often command pretty hefty fees and I don't think we could justify spending much on someone that's going to spend most of their time on the bench.

Suppose so! We will have to wait and see, in McClaren we trust

Agree with the idea that Miller could be useful backup but apparently has a poor attitude. Went sent back to Forest by Yeovil towards the end of this season as he walked out of a team meeting or something for about the 3rd time

Russell for me is the ''goal scoring winger'' as he likes to cut inside. He probably would have achieved that this season had he not been so unlucky with injuries. I would prefer a creative winger, the type of player who is quick on the break and can create chances, leaving Martin + others to score them ie. Wilfried Zaha

Very very valid point. But is their anything wrong in having 2 10-15 goal wingers? If we had another alongside russell on other flank we would be looking at auto promotion as that will be 50 plus goals from your front 3 already! Goals win games an the more goalscorers we got the better imo, but like your view on what kind of winger you would prefer too mate

Archived