Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JOHN BRAYFORD!

It would be great to have him back on board after it didn't work out for him at Cardiff. He is a fan favourite at Sheff Utd at the moment so he is likely to sign for them especially with Harry Maguire leaving.

(10-15 goal a season winger)

Russell for me is the ''goal scoring winger'' as he likes to cut inside. He probably would have achieved that this season had he not been so unlucky with injuries. I would prefer a creative winger, the type of player who is quick on the break and can create chances, leaving Martin + others to score them ie. Wilfried Zaha

Re DM - on the occassions that I've seen Brighton this/last season Rohan Ince has looked particularly impressive.

I thought that too when he came to the iPro during the season... But he was poop in the 2nd leg on the playoffs...

Leicester are working on bringing in the likes of Cardoza and Fraizer Campbell. Does that mean Nugent will be pushed out of the team? He would really help our push for the premier league.

Never happen, he wouldn't want to sit on the bench for a Championship team and his wages would be astronomical for a bench warmer.

It's a no from me.

Vellios as back up for Martin? Albrighton, Redmond or Etherington for the wing?

Albrighton's gone to Leicester

Redmond's playing for our promotion rivals

Etherington's past it and will be on PL wages. Not worth it.

Also, wasn't Vellios on loan at Blackpool and didn't even make the team?

Fozzy

Parr (free)

Reid (free)

Taveneir (free)

What would be the point in having 4 full-backs of similar ability? Surely it would just be a drain of wages that could be better spent on other parts of the squad? Also on promotion, it would leave a load of deadwood.

I might get slaughtered for this but...Ishmael Miller.

Released by Forest so no initial fee and shouldn't be asking for anything like the wages McClaren allegedly signed him for initially at Forest. Scored 1 in 2 for, lets face it, a poor Yeovil side whilst out on loan and he terrorised us at home with his power and pace.

Ok his scoring record isn't great throughout his career but I reckon he offers something a bit different if we need to change it up and go a bit more direct every once in a while. Perhaps the main concern would be his seemingly volatile personality but if we could keep that under control I think he could be a useful option off the bench.

Just a thought :ph34r:

Archived