The fish

Mafiabob

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely won't be with us if we're promoted. Unlikely to remain if we aren't.

I will be forever in Nigel Cloughs debt if he takes him off us, but wouldn't be surprised if ended up at Ipswich, Mick McCarthey seems to like him.

We surely will look to move him on. But the problem is he's expensive, we either take a big hit on the fee as no-ones going to pay us half of what we paid for him. And then there's the wages, if rumour is to be believed he's one of the highest earners. 

It's going to be a case of a) who's going to be daft enough to come in for him and b) has the cash to take him? 

Shame King Billy's been sacked was about the inly one who fitted both criteria. Unless Pearce………... :blink:

We surely will look to move him on. But the problem is he's expensive, we either take a big hit on the fee as no-ones going to pay us half of what we paid for him. And then there's the wages, if rumour is to be believed he's one of the highest earners. 

It's going to be a case of a) who's going to be daft enough to come in for him and b) has the cash to take him? 

Shame King Billy's been sacked was about the inly one who fitted both criteria. Unless Pearce………... :blink:

He's probably better than Greg Halford!!!

He weren't that bad when he came on but he's not good enough for this squad unfortunately. He'll end up in Scotland again.

He was very effective when he came on, setting up chances and winning a penalty.

sammon bashing again a honest hardworking centre forward we dont deserve him

how can fans slag off a player who has been a model profesional

what a fan base we have

Nobody is criticising his professionalism nor his work rate, in that respect he has been exceptional. However, Derby are now, as a club looking to advance, whether in the premiership or championship, and I believe he is simply not good enough now.

Also, I'd imagine he will be looking to play first team football week in, week out; something that we cannot offer him at the minute.

I would sell him in the summer and use the fee to bring in a new, exciting striker with a contrasting play style to Martin who could truly make an impact when brought on.

Archived