London Marathon

mozza

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the highlights of the London Marathon and watched and heard Michael Owen aged 34 say how really hard running a marathon is, he completed it in 3hrs 45 mins. I instantly felt quite good about myself as I completed the Chicago Marathon with a load of Derby folk when I was about the same age, I completed it only 4 mins slower 3hrs 49 mins. The difference being I wasn't paid ludicrous amounts of cash at Liverpool, Newcastle, Man Utd or had all the experienced coaches, the benefits of the England training set up and all the rest. I just did a few laps of Inverurie and the day before we went to the pub and enjoyed a few pints of Guinness whilst cheering on England to draw 0-0 with Turkey to qualify for the Euro Championships. Another good reason why I don't get carried away with all the modern day football hype. Any way more importantly my second boy was born last week and I'm looking forward to Friday night to go down The Banks of Ury pub to enjoy the Rams guarantee a play off spot, enjoy a load of beer and fill the jukebox up with The Smiths, The Wedding Present, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Velvet Undeground, The Housemartins etc etc. Happy Days. And yes give me a marathon any day of the week instead of Formula 1 etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Just lining up at the stat of the Geneva marathon and someone asked me if the tattoo I have is of "the derby rams from the England" i told them about the promotion this season.....he, along with the whole if his running club wishes us luck..!

3:37 minutes, training for the Iron Man so nice and steady, but still happy enough with it.

Yep, coming over for the play offs...got to really..!

three minutes faster than me.....in erm..........ahem 1998 :lol: ............well done

three minutes faster than me.....in erm..........ahem 1998 :lol: ............well done

cheers... it was mega hilly.....especially near the end...I was on course for around 3:20 at one point, but the last few kilometres up and down hill killed me off.... next task...the Iron Man..!

• 2 months later...

Just 20 days left until I attempt the Iron Man in Nottingham.......

So you're going to watch Forest play? Full 90 minutes?

If you manage to go through that experience you surely are Iron Man.

Archived