London Marathon

mozza

Just 20 days left until I attempt the Iron Man in Nottingham....... it is going past the pig sty a couple of times...going to give them a nice cheery wave as I run past.

Make sure you run fast if you're in team colours :lol:  oh and good luck, is it 10k swim 50k bike topped of with a snickers?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Congratulations! In complete awe of you!

cheers....it was surprisingly a lot easier than I thought it would be....I was totally pooping myself before it...the night before didn't sleep one second...and on the day I just kept telling myself to slow down....and in the end I was sprinting down the last couple of miles...felt awesome.

Speaking as an ex- sub-3 hour marathon man, I too can only say I am in complete awe. Well done, fella!

The thoughts of running a marathon after that lot is beyond comprehension (especially as I can't swim :lol: ).

It's a fascinating sport the tri-athlon. They reckon that Alistair Brownlee's 10K times at the end of his tri-athlons are not far short of those of Mo Farah. It still doesn't qualify him for 'greatest athlete on the planet' status :rolleyes:

Speaking as an ex- sub-3 hour marathon man, I too can only say I am in complete awe. Well done, fella!

The thoughts of running a marathon after that lot is beyond comprehension (especially as I can't swim :lol: ).

It's a fascinating sport the tri-athlon. They reckon that Alistair Brownlee's 10K times at the end of his tri-athlons are not far short of those of Mo Farah. It still doesn't qualify him for 'greatest athlete on the planet' status :rolleyes:

cheers...it really wasn't as bas as I was expecting, I had planned for the absolute worst though of course.... I was dreading the swim as only 6 months ago I couldn't swim more than a length, but that turned out to be ok.

The run was always going to be my strongest section, and I was hoping to do it in around 5 hours so to finish it in 4:15 was awesome.

Definitely signing up for next year......not sure the wife is as keen for me to do it again...it's great not having to run/swim or bike every day for a month or so at least.!

1:29 for the swim

6:30 the bike

4:15 marathon.

and I am still alive..!

Well done, that is an awesome thing to complete and good times as well. I went along to watch some friends competing in it. We positioned ourselves at the end of the lake as we didn't think there would be much support up there for what is a fairly miserable route for the marathon.

Well done, that is an awesome thing to complete and good times as well. I went along to watch some friends competing in it. We positioned ourselves at the end of the lake as we didn't think there would be much support up there for what is a fairly miserable route for the marathon.

Nice one...it was the worst bit if the whole course that's for sure.

You weren't sat on the side at the end of the lake furthest from the finish where you?

If that was you, thanks, I was the one you were shouting at with massive chops.

Nice one...it was the worst bit if the whole course that's for sure.

You weren't sat on the side at the end of the lake furthest from the finish where you?

If that was you, thanks, I was the one you were shouting at with massive chops.

We were sat on the grass bank right at the end about 75 metres before the feed station. We tried to clap or comment to just about everyone through. One of my friends was happily blowing his bugle (badly) at some runners as they went by.

We were sat on the grass bank right at the end about 75 metres before the feed station. We tried to clap or comment to just about everyone through. One of my friends was happily blowing his bugle (badly) at some runners as they went by.

I remember he bugle player definitely. You were in a group bathed in the sunshine.

Thanks for the support and one if your group were shouting at my sideburns every time I passed you. Brilliant day, make sure you sign up for it next year

Correct. That was us.

No chance of me signing up for it though. I might have a dabble at a sprint triathlon but I am old and knackered (ish) so I think the Ironman is beyond me. Absolutely in awe of all who completed it though.

Correct. That was us.

No chance of me signing up for it though. I might have a dabble at a sprint triathlon but I am old and knackered (ish) so I think the Ironman is beyond me. Absolutely in awe of all who completed it though.

Small world eh...!?

The support was great all the way around.....and where you sat was the hardest bit of the run....I think that as I came around to finish that you were all just getting up to leave actually...

I too am old and knackered...and up until 6 months ago I couldn't swim...get on it....Did you SEE some of the people who were doing it?

I have a great photo of me crossing the line, I ripped the finishing tape off the ladies holding it and screw it up and threw it on the floor....ha ha..it was such a relief....

Archived