Help buying a laptop?

Alph

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had my Macbook Pro for about 4/5 years and it's still going strong. It also laughs at Windows based viruses trying to hack in! I literally hear it laughing!

ive got my eye on a cheap Mac book, waiting for the price to drop a bit yet mind,

I know absolutely fukc all about computers , or technology......cars, women, history....books, animals, beer....foreign countries, the universe, globalisation, miniturisation.....the evolution of the opposable thumb.....popular music, art, geography, fashion.....or anything like that.

But i think.......if you're gonna use it for work....not that you are......but if you were.....then i'd get a windows one....even though it is a bit shiit.......

If i want to amuse myself then i'd draw around me foot.

Hope that helps.

Bought my lad a Windows 8 laptop 6 months back. Windows 8 is ****. For this reason, and because I'm not competent/too lazy to take W8 off and put an older better windows on I went Macbook Pro, and love it. Get a refurb from Apple, and you'll be pleased you did.

If you're determined to go laptop, then just spend an hour or two comparing specs on amazon. I used to buy a new cheap laptop every couple of years, to be honest I don't think it makes much difference what manufacturer or model you go for. If you spend to your budget and avoid PC World you'll do alright.

Didnt everyone hate Window 7 at first?

Windows 8 is less popular than Leeds United!!

Yeah, but W8 really is ****. Although I'd choose it over the dirty yorkshire scum.

Didnt everyone hate Window 7 at first?

Windows 8 is less popular than Leeds United!!

No - everyone loved Windows 7 because it replaced the fairly awful Vista, and then Microsoft replaced the superb Windows 7 with the abysmal Windows 8...although they released a major update yesterday which has improved it to the point of being very poor, rather than completely unusable.

Archived