Johnny Russell goals

B4ev6is

Johnny Russell  :wub:

Over the last few games prior to Forest, I kept saying the only thing that was missing from his game was a goal or two, which was a shame because his performances warranted them. He's had a frustrating season with some unlucky injuries, especially just coming back from a broken leg to then get smashed in the face against Wigan and fracturing his eye socket.

Really like the bloke - always plays with a smile on his face, positive, attacking player, but has the work ethic and can defend well too. Hope he can stay injury free and start banging in the goals now, perfect time to come into form! 

I'd love to see him in his natural out and out striker position, but that would mean a change in formation, no point when Martin is doing as well as he is.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/27687/

Definitely seven. Blackburn, Leeds, Bolton x2, Yeovil, Forest and Charlton.

Also, I think he is a very good Championship player but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the step-up. I could even argue that he is our best wide-attacker, although, I think all four options are pretty close (Dawks, Bammy, Ward and Russell) 

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/27687/

Definitely seven. Blackburn, Leeds, Bolton x2, Yeovil, Forest and Charlton.

Also, I think he is a very good Championship player but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the step-up. I could even argue that he is our best wide-attacker, although, I think all four options are pretty close (Dawks, Bammy, Ward and Russell) 

Out of those four, I would say he has been the weakest. I can't see him as a Premier League player, he has shown signs of cutting the head down runs, constantly losing the ball that were his signature. If he does adapt his game he has a chance of consistency but overall so far he has been slightly disappointing.

Cracking player and somebody i love watching play.

Unlike others though I'm not sure if he could make the step up.

He's very one footed when he's played out wide he's always cutting in onto his left and won't put a cross in with his right. Strangely the defenders don't seem to push him out on his right.

Saying that he scored with it on saturday!

He used his right foot well to push the ball away from his left against Forest!! :lol:

Archived