Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Boycie

I agree with the point on Bamford but you're incorrect about Russell. He spent the majority of his career with Dundee United playing on the right of a front three in exactly the same formation that we play, with Jon Daly through the middle and Gary Mackay-Steven on the left.

Ok, fair enough - I don't really follow the Scottish game. My point is that without Ward, in particular, there were times when we lacked penetration down the flanks. More than once the full-backs found themselves with the ball in quite advanced positions but had little option other than to play it back inside. Against a decent team that is going to limit our effectiveness, and I'll feel better about it when we are back to having a bench full of attacking alternatives that would allow for a change of shape if required.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the point on Bamford but you're incorrect about Russell. He spent the majority of his career with Dundee United playing on the right of a front three in exactly the same formation that we play, with Jon Daly through the middle and Gary Mackay-Steven on the left.

Was he his caddy?

Bamford when at Chelsea also played wide, when he joined he said he played on the right for Chelsea as Lukaku played as the central forward. Also as so many teams now play 433 do people not think that many of these forward players coming though havent played the wide roles. Its not like Bamford is a big target man

Yeah yeah, I know full well it wasn't anyone who regularly posts on here because nobody on here is that big of a tosser :)

Waves again

The tit behind me today certainly bloody didn't.

Constant abuse of Wisdom and Bamford all match, even at 3-0 - every time a player didn't do what he wanted them to do they were clearly in the wrong and he knew better. One of those who's got an opinion on everything, and can't keep it to themselves.

It was annoying in the first half, but I could sort of put up with it, we were playing well - 2nd half we started playing sloppily, so every time we gave the ball away someone was a "tw@", "*****", "f'ing useless".

At some point he demanded the team "keep it simple" followed immediately by "open them up, quicker". Another time he shouted within the space of 2 seconds "time.... time.... MAN ON GET F***ING RID OF IT YOU LAZY TW@"

When Sammon came on he declared that our right hand side "haven't got a braincell between them". Perhaps we could have extracted his and sharted them out, then at least they'd have half of one each.

At 3-0 and with us in total control he stated "There's too much football here".

I hope he never attends a match again.

Actually better than that, I hope he suffers some bizarre affliction of the throat and becomes mute.

You poor bugger. You netted yourself a Super Sunday fan.

If Johnny Russell played like Hazard he'd be a better player.

Anybody see anything of a small scuffle take place between 2 Derby fans in the south stand near the end of the match? I saw one hit the other and a load of stewards rush in but didn't see it all or why it started.

Anybody see anything of a small scuffle take place between 2 Derby fans in the south stand near the end of the match? I saw one hit the other and a load of stewards rush in but didn't see it all or why it started.

It was just JW and srg in a cunning ruse to lure in the white haired steward....

Didn't see that. Did see the big Charlton lad dragged out though. God knows what he'd done wrong that near the end of the game.

Didn't see that. Did see the big Charlton lad dragged out though. God knows what he'd done wrong that near the end of the game.

He just lost it. We had been winding some of their lot up during the game and they were giving as good as they got, But towards the end some got mardy and then the big lad came up. The more he shouted the more people laughed at him and he just got carried away with it all.

Be happy that you're allowed a contrary position :lol:

At my age, I have to be careful about contrary positions, arthritis being what it is.

Archived