Kenny Burns

Cardifframs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest we could do with somebody like Kenny Burns in the local media in Derby, he pulls no punches and isn't scared of criticising anybody at Forest. players, manager, owners whoever. What he says might not be agreed with by everyone but at least he isn't scared to speak his mind.

To be honest we could do with somebody like Kenny Burns in the local media in Derby, he pulls no punches and isn't scared of criticising anybody at Forest. players, manager, owners whoever. What he says might not be agreed with by everyone but at least he isn't scared to speak his mind.

I would agree if he was capable of intelligent analysis and compelling argument, but he just spouts mindless drivel. I'd like to think the Derby Telegraph was a little better than that.

I would agree if he was capable of intelligent analysis and compelling argument, but he just spouts mindless drivel. I'd like to think the Derby Telegraph was a little better than that.

The problem with the DET concerning Derby County, is that the coverage is very much one man doing everything. Gerald Mortimer could do it and get the right balance because he was outstanding, Steve is decent and analyses the games well but is maybe too nice to get stuck in, even in a nice way like Gerald. The Derby coverage would benefit from another view, maybe a more intelligent version of Kenny Burns.

The problem with the DET concerning Derby County, is that the coverage is very much one man doing everything. Gerald Mortimer could do it and get the right balance because he was outstanding, Steve is decent and analyses the games well but is maybe too nice to get stuck in, even in a nice way like Gerald. The Derby coverage would benefit from another view, maybe a more intelligent version of Kenny Burns.

An more intelligent version of Kenny Burns? You have only really narrowed down the search to 98% of the population there.

I think Steve does an excellent job, I really do, he rarely calls it wrong. But you're right, there wouldn't be anything wrong with another voice in there.

An more intelligent version of Kenny Burns? You have only really narrowed down the search to 98% of the population there.

That's a bit harsh on the other 2%, an amoeba is a more intelligent version. Scaled up, it would be roughly the same shape and appearance too.

That's every living organism on the planet, could take a while.

PistoldPete2

Neil Hallam in the Derby Trader was always a good read back in the day!

Theyre about the same size, thats all they have in common

Archived