I think it might be a risk starting Thorne with no game time.

Curtains

Thorne might be a gamble in DM role, but he's less of a gamble than Hendrick, who we have seen play and we know can't.

im not talking about Hendrick in the DM role I'm talking about not using that role and going for goalsssssssssssss . Goallllllllllssssss. We haven't scored in 4 games with the super Eustace DM role.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's say we start with Thorne, looks a bit nervous maybe unfit, we go in at half time 0-0, McClaren loves to go to a 4-2-4 and chase the game, Thorne off and bring on either Russell, Ward or Dawkins which ever one is on the bench.

Sorted.

The players know what they are doing, it's a tried and tested system, bish bash bosh we win 3-0 and curtains still loves Hendrick. Jobs a good'un

On your head be it.

We haven't scored in 4 games.

Oh wait a minute Jeff Hendrick scored against Burnley but Martin disallowed it or was it the ref.

On your head be it.

We haven't scored in 4 games.

Forest haven't scored more than 1 in each of their last 5 and conceded 9...they also haven't won a game since February 11th.

Stats right back at yer there.

Forest haven't scored more than 1 in each of their last 5 and conceded 9...they also haven't won a game since February 11th.

Stats right back at yer there.

I agree they haven't I respect your views.

McClaren will decide in him I trust .

Just talking about this makes my hair stand on end .

Hang on I ain't got that much though lol

im not talking about Hendrick in the DM role I'm talking about not using that role and going for goalsssssssssssss . Goallllllllllssssss. We haven't scored in 4 games with the super Eustace DM role.

Why take the risk of upsetting the balance of the team that has worked so well for us?

Sure, we've hit a blip but is that reason to start messing around with formations? 

Everyone knows what they are meant to be doing with this midfield formation, so let's keep it.

Ronnie Willems now there's a name Super Mac will know.

Came to Derby and Jim Smith played him just behind the main striker brilliant system

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/willems-treads-the-path-of-football-romance-1323795.html

Was going to Forest first but Clough didn't watch his game at Forest so he came to the Rams.

Brilliant penalty taker too, never missed!

Why take the risk of upsetting the balance of the team that has worked so well for us?

Sure, we've hit a blip but is that reason to start messing around with formations?

Everyone knows what they are meant to be doing with this midfield formation, so let's keep it.

Im not sure Thorne can slot straight in.

Also does Russell deserve a start or would you play Dawkins / Ward all big questions .

Will Will Hughes be fully fit ! Or is that a gamble as well.

Only McClaren can decide.

PistoldPete2

Did you watch the Millwall game? It doesn't work full stop for me.

Thorne

Hughes Bryson

Didnt work v Milwall due to no Martin. Didnt work v Fester away either we were over -run.

Might work v Forest , but Thorne might be better option, tbh ive never seen him play tho  

Yeah, looked less sharp towards the end of his game. Well impressed. Much more agile than Eustace. Quite sensible and smart too.

Eustace does have that dirty side that has helped.

Yes his mobility and presence may make a big difference till the end of the season. Also very composed on the ball

for how long i have been saying useless eustace?

good to finally see thorne play, thought he made a big big impact today, has the legs and strength where eustace doesnt.

Yeah cos we've been doing **** with Eustace in the team (!)

His position has been as important to our success as anyone's.

Archived