I think it might be a risk starting Thorne with no game time.

Curtains

Yeah cos we've been doing **** with Eustace in the team (!)

His position has been as important to our success as anyone's.

Im not saying he's been doing badly for us, I just think we need a more agile, stronger and younger version of him which thorne fits perfectly

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he was outstanding today. Far more mobile than Eustace, as you'd expect, which meant he was always showing for the simple pass from either the midfield or the centre halves. Also solid in the air and committed in the challenge, looks a real prospect this lad.

edit: mind you Cisse looked brilliant v Wednesday too and this lot were somehow even worse than that shower. Will have to see him against a competent side before making too much of a judgement.

Im not saying he's been doing badly for us, I just think we need a more agile, stronger and younger version of him which thorne fits perfectly

Couldn't agree more. Just thought your "Useless Eustace" tag was rather OTT considering his importance to the team

whilst I don't think Eustace has done much wrong, aside of a couple of pathetic efforts to tackle Cywka and Willian, which other players have emulated, I think George Thorne's performance today could have effectively ended Eustace's Derby career, injuries allowing. What a strong performance from someone lacking match fitness AND in a local derby!

Today also confirmed, once again, that Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes cannot ALL fit in to a midfield. Two at a time only,

Archived