Will the goal scorer Chris Martin stand up please

Curtains

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He just needs one all goalscorers thrive on goals. Disgraceful sending off against Burnley plus my mate Jeff scored and I still haven't got over it.

I'm still peeved too mate. Perfectly good goal.

I don't know who's fault it is but he's not really getting the space he used to. Defenders seem to play much tighter on him than earlier. He's always got his back to goal now. We can still play off him but that's been about it.

I'm still peeved too mate. Perfectly good goal.

I don't know who's fault it is but he's not really getting the space he used to. Defenders seem to play much tighter on him than earlier. He's always got his back to goal now. We can still play off him but that's been about it.

it's getting a bit silly really think refs have it in for him and it's affecting his game. He just needs to refocus and stop bothering about refs.

PS We need to get off more shots on goal instead of trying to walk it in. You never win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket. Get some shots off.

it's getting a bit silly really think refs have it in for him and it's affecting his game. He just needs to refocus and stop bothering about refs.

PS We need to get off more shots on goal instead of trying to walk it in. You never win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket. Get some shots off.

I dont think its not having enough shots, in the four games we have scored in we have had 64 shots, quality is another issue with only 15 of those being on target - less than 1 in 4

trouble is it's not just the refs who've singled Martin out.

it's the opposition players as well.

I lost count of how many times players have gone up and showed the ref the elbow movement after an ordinary clash with him.

I think the other teams know he's got a bit of quality but he's also got a reputation and they're focussing on him a lot.

I lost count of how many times players have gone up and showed the ref the elbow movement after an ordinary clash with him.

I think the other teams know he's got a bit of quality but he's also got a reputation and they're focussing on him a lot.

I agree it's a modern trend now of players trying to get others booked or sent off.

Refs need to be stronger and so do managers.

If I was Chris Martin I wouldn't protest anymore and just grin and bear it and maybe the reputation will go away.

Time to start scoring again please as it's needed.

You can do it Chris and against Forest would be good LOL.

Everyone needs to chip in not just Martin. Dawkins, Ward, Bryson haven't scored in far too long. Hughes has only got a couple and the likes of Bucko and Keogh need to be chipping in as well from set pieces.

Everyone needs to chip in not just Martin. Dawkins, Ward, Bryson haven't scored in far too long. Hughes has only got a couple and the likes of Bucko and Keogh need to be chipping in as well from set pieces.

Do you know why ? Do they wear their boots back to front all of a sudden.

Would help them if our set pieces were any good!

Why does Wardy take free kicks when Martin's on the pitch?

Martin is probably better trying to get on the end of it in the box, like he scored that header in the last minute vs Yeovil.

However the freekicks where a shot at goal can be scored yes Martin should take them.

Spot on - and he's going to have to be very, very careful on Saturday as everyone will be charged up - players and crowd alike. The Forest centre halves will be in the ref's ear about him from the off. He mustn't rise to it or give the ref any opportunity to cause him grief. 

Perhaps he smashes them in the top corner in training but can't do it in a match? Martin strikes a ball well and his freekick goal t'other week was superb.

We have several players I'd put in front of Wardy, and that's no criticism of him, more that I think others can do a better job. Martin certainly when there is a shot on goal, but both Hughes and Bryson can deliver a better dead ball imo. Ward's always seem to be of the floaty, easy to defend type when sometimes its crying to be whipped in with pace.

Archived