Ball "kids"

North_Stand_Ram

Slightly off topic but our ball boys really started to annoy me tonight and have been recently. I know it's slightly petty but they're so slow at returning the ball, it's slowing down our tempo. Two main culperets; the lad next to the home dug out and the girl in the south west corner, very slow ;) #ballkidsout

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the staff in the concourse! They take too long serving food and drinks so it takes fans longer to get to their seats after half time to cheer on the team. If they were quicker our fans would be in their seats ready to boost the team with their witty chants which in turn, makes the team play better!

Slightly off topic but our ball boys really started to annoy me tonight and have been recently. I know it's slightly petty but they're so slow at returning the ball, it's slowing down our tempo. Two main culperets; the lad next to the home dug out and the girl in the south west corner, very slow ;) #ballkidsout

I have to agree with you. Watching footy on TV you see some clubs have them on their toes the whole game. I think, why can't ours be like that? Despite what some people may think, I see it as a big problem. It can be the difference between getting a goal, winning a match, etc. Over the course of a season the Ball Boys urgency can get you several points. Perhaps whoever tells our players to take those quick useless freekicks can have a word. 

The Mac just needs to politely tell them that he'll have a finger off each of them for every five seconds the ball is out.

Once they're gone, they're gone. Plenty more boys willing to give their xboxfacebooksausageter fingers for Derby County.

You are deluded i seen the younger generation they would not give up the x box finger for Derby trust me.

Its disgusting that the ball kids have to serve all the drinks at half time.

We'll be telling them to sweep chimneys next.

totally agree. it also feels like when we're 1-0 up with 2mins to go they'll fling it in to the opposition.

Been moaning about them for awhile.. There is a young girl in the SE corner with long hair who is so fkn slow..

Whatever happened to the Academy boys doing it? At least they will know when to speed it up and when to slow it down.

It's not care in the community time.

:angry:

fans as ball boys, now there's an idea!

There was a ballboy at burnley (more like a 6ft 19 year old) who had the right idea, slowing it up bigtime in front of our fans.

In the age of professionalism, we need ball boys/girls showing urgency when it suits us and slowing things down when instructions go out to that effect. It's basic common sense and if it's not happening, put the current lot into a Pink Floyd mincer and let's have some fresh meat that does better,

I have to agree with you. Watching footy on TV you see some clubs have them on their toes the whole game. I think, why can't ours be like that? Despite what some people may think, I see it as a big problem. It can be the difference between getting a goal, winning a match, etc. Over the course of a season the Ball Boys urgency can get you several points. Perhaps whoever tells our players to take those quick useless freekicks can have a word. 

Now I've heard everything.

Archived