Rams joint-favs to win play-offs......

Grantona

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but think if we finish in the play-offs it'll end up like the George Burley year.

Went to Preston with relatively high expectations saw us lose 2-0, followed days later by a dour 0-0 at Pride Park - not good.

The Southampton and West Brom games were brilliant though, painstaking panic all the way through it to actually come out victorious! simply brilliant.

And I wouldn't put any money on either us, or QPR with our records against top 6 competition.. :lol: I honestly think Wigan or Reading will do it, with Burnley and Leicester in the automatics.

I don't think City are nailed-on for promotion, though it is highly likely of course. However (as we keep reminding ourselves) if we have a run like we did last February/April, we'll be lucky to scrape into the playoffs. We've got a big game at Barnsley tonight: they've not lost at home since December... bit scary.

Anyway, this is about you guys. IF we get promoted, my personal opinion is that Burnley will take the second spot (hopefull in second place as well) because they are such a fit, settled side. However, I've absolutely no doubt that the Rams will be in the playoffs - you're nine points clear of Reading and Wigan. Again, personally, I think that Wigan will be in the playoffs: someone earlier said that their players would be knackered by their FA Cup run, but I don't buy that - these are professional athletes who train for this kind of season.

What's interesting, I think, is what's going to happen with Florist. The injuries and the banning of the poison dwarf seem to be causing them problems, and they've got to play you and QPR away. So it would not surprise me to see them slip out of the reckoning. If Reading win tonight and Florist lose, and Wigan win tomorrow, Florist could be 7th (depending on scores). What odds on the playoffs being between the Rams, QPR, Wigan and either Reading or Brighton?

I don't think City are nailed-on for promotion, though it is highly likely of course. However (as we keep reminding ourselves) if we have a run like we did last February/April, we'll be lucky to scrape into the playoffs. We've got a big game at Barnsley tonight: they've not lost at home since December... bit scary.

Anyway, this is about you guys. IF we get promoted, my personal opinion is that Burnley will take the second spot (hopefull in second place as well) because they are such a fit, settled side. However, I've absolutely no doubt that the Rams will be in the playoffs - you're nine points clear of Reading and Wigan. Again, personally, I think that Wigan will be in the playoffs: someone earlier said that their players would be knackered by their FA Cup run, but I don't buy that - these are professional athletes who train for this kind of season.

What's interesting, I think, is what's going to happen with Florist. The injuries and the banning of the poison dwarf seem to be causing them problems, and they've got to play you and QPR away. So it would not surprise me to see them slip out of the reckoning. If Reading win tonight and Florist lose, and Wigan win tomorrow, Florist could be 7th (depending on scores). What odds on the playoffs being between the Rams, QPR, Wigan and either Reading or Brighton?

We must be the last team to beat them at home then -  2-1 on Dec 29th. Crazy. 

And while Wigan might not be knackered, it is going to have an effect - also, a lot of this team will have been playing European games too.

Leicester are at 1/66 to be promoted - I honestly think you'd only need maybe 3 or 4 wins out of the next 12 to go up automatically.

I feel 8 points is too much for us to rely on Burnley to drop.

If ourselves and Forest both make the playoffs, I'd much rather face them in the semi's. Don't think my heart would take a Derby Forest Wembley trip.

I'm going to go for: 

Leicester

Burnley

-----------------

Derby

Wigan

QPR

Forest

We must be the last team to beat them at home then -  2-1 on Dec 29th. Crazy. 

And while Wigan might not be knackered, it is going to have an effect - also, a lot of this team will have been playing European games too.

Leicester are at 1/66 to be promoted - I honestly think you'd only need maybe 3 or 4 wins out of the next 12 to go up automatically.

I feel 8 points is too much for us to rely on Burnley to drop.

If ourselves and Forest both make the playoffs, I'd much rather face them in the semi's. Don't think my heart would take a Derby Forest Wembley trip.

I'm going to go for: 

Leicester

Burnley

-----------------

Derby

Wigan

QPR

Forest

Yes, you were the last to beat them at home - just hoping that tomorrow I might be able to add "until we did it". However, being a pessimist (ie, City fan) I have to think that this is the match when it's all going to go pear-shaped.

Archived