Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Mafiabob

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we'd have scored we'd all be calling it a complete performance. We just didnt get the goal but that takes nothing away from the rest of it.

I'd rather applaud that than the 1-0 win over Brighton that had no booing

If you're booing that then you want a good slap until you recognise what we're trying to be about.

The worst performance every single week is the crowd. Their conversational drone. No wonder we struggle to get the tempo up sometimes. Players deserve better. Not the other way around.

Come late

Boo

Go early

Boast about attendances and fanbase

It's simple. Booers - gtfo, cos it's you that's embarrassing, not the team. We're still 3rd fer crying out loud.

How fickle some people are.

It's simple. Booers - gtfo, cos it's you that's embarrassing, not the team. We're still 3rd fer crying out loud.

How fickle some people are.

Well said.

Love your team, don't hate the opposition, applaud good play, be grateful you are alive and well. See you at Wembley.

I'm only 22 - Hendrick is younger than me and he's having Derby "fans" on twitter telling him to quit football. I can't imagine what that does to his confidence because it would destroy mine. I though Hendrick was our best midfielder last night - Bryson was poor though I suspect he's been rushed back from injury because of Hughes... But back to the tweet - those sort of fans should be chucked in the velodrome and pissed on from above.

Last nigh we played SO well - time and time again we tore through them with quick passing but we just couldn't finish it - one or two better decisions here and there etc. So the booing at the final whistle was embarrassing.

PistoldPete2

We ran them off the park last night and played some great football to boot. Hendrick was back to his best. We missed Hughes. Ball didn't break in the box for us. End of really.

Agree with that, lots of lucky ricochets could have gone anywhere in the box, just never seemed to fall for one of our players.

One quibble was if we play 4 strikers as we did at the end, why not Bamford in the middle and Sammon on the wing?. (Or Bennett except he wasnt on the bench). Bamford is more of a goalpoacher than Sammon and maybe could have got on the end of one of those bobbling in the box.

I thought we did everything right last night other than sticking the ball in the net. Bolton would've been absolutely over the f**kin moon with a point because that's all that they played for. How they stuck five past Leeds I'll never know because they were bang average. If I'm gonna be hyper critical I guess Wisdom was a little off it (he did put the cross of the night in though) and Bryson was a bit off the pace. On the plus side Ward was the best I've seen him this season.

Let's face it, if The Fish had stuck that chance away we'd all have been very happy as the performance merited all three points.

Saaaaaaaaaaaake Sammon what is it with this guy 

Time for someone else to feed the fish or exchange?

http://thinklingstudios.com/tag/funny-fish/

Wigan seem to be doing alright without him……...

But then again he did put a good shift in, in erm the chip shop, and he’s a great professional etc…..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPgQHXMSwIo

They love Chip Butties at Sheff Utd……………..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDLThDyRIig

Watch the highlights on RamsPlayer if you can.

There's about 1 half chance for Danns from outside the box and 3 or so hopeful shots from distance.

The entire rest of the video is chance after chance for Derby. And you see some real quality football in and around the box. A neutral would be well impressed by the intricate clever play

Then you hear the booing at FT. You hear it quite clearly.

Great support as usual. I don't know how any player can enjoy playing for us at home.

"Arrogant" Leeds fans are better.

Talking of Keogh, impressive as his form has been of late, I really can't figure out why he doesn't provide an attacking threat from set pieces anymore.

It just isn't there, at all, whenever he does get a header in at goal it's ***** - last season he looked dangerous (and made up for defensive frailties with it) but now...?

We've got the same people putting in the same type of balls, he's in the box, and.... nothing.

I'd rather him be defensively solid and provide no attacking threat than the other way round.

Defenders defend, strikers score goals. It's always nice to have a bit of cross-over but those are the basics.

I'm not worried after last night's performance. This sort of run was bound to come at some point. At least we know the attacking intent hasn't vanished.

If we played the exact same game in our late-2013 run, we would have seen them off after half an hour. We were missing that little bit of confidence and winner's luck in the final third.

It will come back.

We're better than all of the teams below us, apart from Wigan, who are the side I'm most nervous about.

I'd rather him be defensively solid and provide no attacking threat than the other way round.

Defenders defend, strikers score goals. It's always nice to have a bit of cross-over but those are the basics.

Doing one does not affect your ability to do the other.

Defenders in the box at attacking set pieces are there to get a goal. Attackers in the box when defending a set piece are there to defend.

It's a perfectly acceptable question to ask why he AND Buxton are not providing something that won us a good number of points last season despite being in a position to do so, with the same sort of delivery.

There was booing at the end , i think it was aimed at Millwalls Boltons tactics , more that owt..

I honestly cannot criticise Bolton's tactics at all - they did nothing that any other team in a similar position would have done - even ourselves. They hung on for dear life, giving it some serious Row Q when required, pressing very hard when we had the ball, defending like tigers and looking to break quickly. It nearly paid off for them too - Grant had to be pretty sharp a couple of times near the end (plus the once he nearly cocked up, of course).

The biggest disappointment for me in the first half was Bryson's control around the edge of the penalty area. Three times he looked to be engineering a shooting chance and three times his usual midwife's touch turned into that of a blacksmith.

Doing one does not affect your ability to do the other.

Defenders in the box at attacking set pieces are there to get a goal. Attackers in the box when defending a set piece are there to defend.

It's a perfectly acceptable question to ask why he AND Buxton are not providing something that won us a good number of points last season despite being in a position to do so, with the same sort of delivery.

Bavies and Coutts might beg to differ.

The biggest disappointment for me in the first half was Bryson's control around the edge of the penalty area. Three times he looked to be engineering a shooting chance and three times his usual midwife's touch turned into that of a blacksmith.

???

Where did he have his hand?

I thought we we decent but never really nailed it as a performance. No goals and 1 point from Bolton and Millwall at home? Poor whether you're 3rd or 13th.

We seemed to run out of ideas as it went on. Need a goal off someone's arse to get us started, because we've had nowt but bad luck and no luck from Burnley on and I reckon its showing.

Archived