Does Bamford start against Bolton?......Eustace or Thorne?

Grantona

Wait, Ward isn't the scapegoat now? Who is it now? Eustace? Bamford? Dawkins? WISDOM??? Lawd help me, I can't keep up anymore. I think it's because we're higher up in the table than we ever expected to be at the start of the season and the moaners are too stunned rigid still to agree on who we're all supposed to hate.

Bamford isn't lazy, he's just not a team player. He works for himself, not the team, which is a good little bit of variety because you do need that sometimes. Eustace has been great this season, he just needs subbing off later in the game because he does get tired out easily. Dawkins ALWAYS creates, doesn't have an end product but he doesn't need it, so long as someone else supporting him does. He beats his man, and gets balls in the box. Wisdom has all the ability, just not the discipline needed to hold the defensive line. Not too much of a worry though. Invaluable going forward too, we'd miss his creative abilities.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The exact team I enjoy most. Ward or Russell, don't mind. But the rest imo have been the lads mostly responsible for where we are now.

Yeah maybe Thorne for Eustace against Reading though so he doesn't pick up a suspension for the Forest match. Oh and I'd definitely play Ward from the start against Forest

Grant

Wisdom

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes

Bryson

Ward

Dawkins

Martin

Bamford and Russell to come off the bench if required.

No resting players, need a win before big games against Reading and Florest.

Grant

Wisdom            Keogh                          Buxton            Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes                     Bryson

Russell                                                                                         Dawkins

Martin

Bamford isn't lazy, he's just not a team player. He works for himself, not the team, which is a good little bit of variety because you do need that sometimes.

He could justify not working for the team by being quality in possession and making you think "we can't drop him because of what he can do"

What he mostly does is casually lose the ball. I don't like it when people praise players for their energy. My dog can run. But if you're going to let your quality do the talking then it's got to be there.

I never slated Martin in his loan spell or when he's been called lazy in the past. I respect his attitude. No, he won't chase lost causes. He won't graft to win possession. He feels its his job to score goals and link up play so give it to his feet. If you want a worker, play someone else.

I like that. He has quality. He's a willing worker with the ball and will work to get the space. In the same way World class stars like Ibrahimovic and Balotelli and such work. You know their quality.

Bamford has shown he's got a sweet left foot up to 25 yards out. It take hard work to give him that opportunity. And if he's going to need 2/3 of these chances before he gets a goal... Well he becomes a passenger. A luxury we can't afford when it gets tough.

If he is indeed a selfish player who wants his ability to shine above others with all the work rate in the world then he's got to do a bit more.

Sound like I'm proper on his back don't I? Lol

I'm a bit frustrated that just lately it's been less free flowing. The team isn't quite as fluid and could probably do with 11 lads all working hard right now. He's frustrated McClaren a number of times and yet doesn't seem to try to up his game.

I'm not calling him lazy entirely in terms of covering ground. I call a failed 10 yard square pass that's intercepted lazy/casual.

Grant

Wisdom            Keogh                          Buxton            Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes                     Bryson

Russell                                                                                         Dawkins

Martin

I would agree with that side as its going to be a battle agaisnt Bolton, I just cant pick between Russell and Ward as Russell for me hasnt produced for me of late yet works hard

He could justify not working for the team by being quality in possession and making you think "we can't drop him because of what he can do"

Oh of course, and he hasn't been quite there recently. But the accusations of "lazy" don't make much sense to me because people are clearly confusing a player struggling with a player not working hard enough. It was the same before with Ward. He tried but nothing he did was coming off, and suddenly he has to contend with his fans calling him lazy. Only "lazy-ish" thing he did was shirk out of challenges but with his injury record can you blame him?

I would give Thorne a start, god knows why Schteve decided to play Hendrick in the defensive role when everyone in this forum knows he cant play there. I would like to see Russell start the game today, always impresses me when he comes on so hopefully he can nail that position down.

god knows why Schteve decided to play Hendrick in the defensive role

Except against Millwall he didn't. He did much worse; he put Hughes there. With Martin's skill and touch lacking up front, we needed Hughes about 30 yards further forward than where Steve put him.

Steve cocked up for Millwall game. I think he would be the first to admit that. But given everything he has got right, I think we can afford him a blip.

I'm sure ainsley harriett burnt an egg once. ...Sammon? You ok?

Important thing now, is to give the wheels a nice thorough service, and make sure they're on tightly.

3 points tonight please.

Random analogy.

Archived