As the eyes turn to Burnley

Albert

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macheda looks a decent player at this level, be very interesting to see how Burnley adapt without Ings if he's out for a while. 2nd might not be as far away as we thought! thumbs out of arses Derby, lets do this!

Ings injured?

Now then, unbelievable finish at St Andrews. Ings' injury is just a knock according to our commentary, bit of a blow obviously if he's out against Leeds, but not a season defining moment (he's only scored 1 in 5 games), but will be missed. The important thing tonight is we didn't get beat, and any point away from home is a good one in my book. It will be down to the wire this season, only if your form picks up though.

Looks that way, went off on the 75th minute and was on crutches. However could all be precautionary, wouldn't wish an injury on any player but we would certainly help our chances him being out for a few games

Your right, you can't wish that on anyone. Hope he is out for the season.

Now then, unbelievable finish at St Andrews. Ings' injury is just a knock according to our commentary, bit of a blow obviously if he's out against Leeds, but not a season defining moment (he's only scored 1 in 5 games), but will be missed. The important thing tonight is we didn't get beat, and any point away from home is a good one in my book. It will be down to the wire this season, only if your form picks up though.

We have Reading on Saturday and we NEVER get anything at the madejski. One of our bogey teams like yourselves.

Does Ings add anything else to way your team plays other than his goals? a bit like Martin for us as we rely on his hold up play as well as his goals, although admittedly they've dried up a bit! do you think your general play will struggle if he's not there? 

We have Reading on Saturday and we NEVER get anything at the madejski. One of our bogey teams like yourselves.

Yes, but Reading are really inconsistent, and in any case, bogey teams are only there to be beaten: like Charlton and Florist for us. Go and give them a slappin'!

Yes, 3-1 up at St Andrews and blew it....and missed a penalty to boot. Leicester won there 2-1,....Rams and Burnley drew 3-3 there....says it all.

If anyone catches Burnley, it will be Wigan - they get 3 points playing well or badly (won at Rams, Brighton, home v Charlton and now the Owls while playing well below par.

Look at tonight, Al-Habsi should have been sent off before Owls missed penalty. Then, after being allowed to keep 11 men, they win the match with a dubious late penalty.

They'll probably get an FA Cup and promotion double if their luck holds. I do concede they are probably the best team in the division if they are at their best - better than Leicester, Burnley, Rams, QPR.

Does Ings add anything else to way your team plays other than his goals? a bit like Martin for us as we rely on his hold up play as well as his goals, although admittedly they've dried up a bit! do you think your general play will struggle if he's not there?

Yeah, Ings is really important to us. His overall play is one of energy and quality. He chases down, is able to nick balls off of defenders, and can run at players with pace. He hasn't been scoring much lately but has still been playing well. He got MoM on Sky versus Blackburn. He never seems to get tired and has caused enough problems to the opposition to allow others to get onto the scoresheet.

If he misses Leeds, which is likely, Ashley Barnes can come in and, from what I've seen so far in his small bit part performances, I've been quite impressed. We got him as a back up in case Ings was injured or sold so this might be his chance. I wouldn't be unduly worried if Ings is only out for one match, but if he's out a few weeks then it'll be squeaky bum time!

Archived