NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Kings, San Jose, Anaheim and Chicago are  my four favourite Hockey teams - so I'm torn tonight.

I think LA have been better over the series, but the Blackhawks probably play the more exciting hockey. I'm going with a 2-4 Kings victory.

Fabulous game.

Always felt the Kings were more likely to score. Blackhawks are excellent at pushing the puck through and the likes of Kane and Saad are ridiculously quick skaters.

Patrick Kane is like the Lionel Messi of Ice Hockey, on the puck, so skillful and his movement and speed is quality.

I kind of wanted Chicago to win it being it was at Chicago and the crowd would have gone wild like the last year when these guys met in the series.

LA Kings to win the SC final for me. New York Rangers are so defensive, though Alain Vigneault is a pretty decent coach and Vancouver were stupid to get rid of him.

Anyone watching the Stanley Cup final first match tonight?

Currently 2-2 midway through the last period. NY Rangers were impressive in the first period, played with speed and aggression. Been all LA Kings since though, and they're 13-0 on shots in the last period.

I had a little dabble on NY to score more than 2.5 goals at around 4/1 in the first period. Looked to be on, not so much now I can see LA winning it before overtime.

Didn't see the game, any good? Can see this going all the way. Lot of tight games and overtime wins ahead I suspect.

NY Rangers look spent after the first period.

They broke excellently on occasions and their speed was impressive but they were overpowered towards the end. They never looked like scoring (Despite having two one-on-one's with the GK) in the 3rd period and in overtime.

Reckon LA Kings will win the series before a possible game 7. 

I'm with Cisse. 4-1.

I really hope Rangers will win the next one. Nash and Richards should step up and earn their high salaries.

To make it a better final I hope they do, but I can't see it.

I reckon LA Kings will win, and then win one over in New York to give them the chance to seal it on home Ice in game 5.

It's hard to begrudge the Kings for doing it, but I can't help but feel they're not really the best Western team in the final. San Jose absolutely bottled it against them and I think they were fortunate to beat Anaheim over seven games. 

I backed Kings pre season at 14/1 so would be disappointed now if they don't finish it!! Did back a couple of others too who fared less well though, Been thrilling watching them come through those deciders though hopefully they'll kill this one off quick. Had Rangers down as a dangerous team on the road more than anything so Kings winning those two home ice games in overtime should hopefully have done the trick.

Not counting any chickens though as had Vancouver a couple of years ago when they were 2-0 up in the final and don't think they won another game. Had already ordered a shirt to celebrate, not cheap as came in at £70 after going through customs and obviously didn't get the money I thought I was going to get from a winning bet either!

Plus didn't feel like wearing the shirt when it came as it reminded me of it all the time, anyhow hopefully will be different this time. Will wait till they have won it before I order one this time though! Saw them play Ducks at the 02 in London a few years back when the NHL took the opening matches out of the country into Europe around that time.

Archived