NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Dabber or anyone else - what's the situation with Seattle and Quebec getting a team ?

There are always rumblings but Bettman is loathe to give up any of the US franchises. The last 4 in the playoffs are almost perfect with 3 big US cities and the storied Habs so ratings are probably good. But some US franchises are really struggling, Florida, Islanders, Jersey, Carolina etc. They really need more teams out west to balance up the conferences, so that counts against Quebec (and QC not being American). Seattle is clearly a buzzing sports town currently and sufficiently far North to be a big hit. But I haven't heard of anything imminent re: a team moving and I can't see there being expansion with struggling franchises, so I wouldn't hold your breath but those two cities would be amazing additions.

When you look at NHL it's hard to understand why the franchise system is so hated in the UK. A team is struggling and not attracting support so they move it somewhere it will be more popular.

I wanted Habs to go through but hopefully rangers will win the cup now.

I remember the 1994 finals well. One of my best friends is a Rangers fan and the last time they had won was 1940. There had been a word curse mentioned thousands of times in their last couple of seasons. The whole world wanted them to win.

This time it will be different. Good luck.

Cisse, do you follow the champions league hockey? Do panthers stand a chance of winning a period, never mind a game? I'm hoping to get to one of the group games.

I check the results. Don't rate that league actually. I don't see Panthers winning any games next season but there are always big surprises in sports. I can promise though that it will be worth going to watch Panthers vs Lukko. Lukko will have some pretty good players. You should see some nice hockey by them.

I check the results. Don't rate that league actually. I don't see Panthers winning any games next season but there are always big surprises in sports. I can promise though that it will be worth going to watch Panthers vs Lukko. Lukko will have some pretty good players. You should see some nice hockey by them.

Heard that Lukko travel well too. I'd like to get tickets but there is talk of other eihl supporters groups getting a chance to buy tickets too.

Archived