NHL

Cisse

Didn't know that Statsny might be leaving. I was thinking that I might trade the first pick myself too for some experience this year. Avs got good thing going on youn talent. An experienced star player could take the team to next level.

Its difficult to see how we'd get an experienced star player though. We'd probably have to trade one of the most valuable players. There was a (highly unlikely) rumour some where of PK Subban, no idea where that came from but he'd be awesome.

No surprises in the draft so far. Although I expected Avs to go for a dman rather than another centre.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly boring draft. Ekblad goes first to Panthers. Kesler traded to Ducks for Bonino and futures, Neal traded to Nashville to give the Pens some cap space, no-one wants Spezza at Sens asking price.... Free agent frenzy for Stastny between St. Lous and Chiicago, though Hawks have no cap space....

Fairly boring draft. Ekblad goes first to Panthers. Kesler traded to Ducks for Bonino and futures, Neal traded to Nashville to give the Pens some cap space, no-one wants Spezza at Sens asking price.... Free agent frenzy for Stastny between St. Lous and Chiicago, though Hawks have no cap space....

Read somewhere that Kane and Toews both want $10mill a year so cant see how they'll afford Statsny too. Hope he stays with the Avs.

Avs needs experience for next season. If I were Roy I would be interested in Jussi Jokinen, Steve Ott, Stephane Robidas, Henrik Tallinder and Derek Morris. Two out of them would really add up to the team and the salary cap would not become a problem. To get one defender and one forward would be my goal.

Not sure if this is entirely related as it's not the NHL but I wish Derby had built an ice arena instead of that velodrome and then entered the EIHL. My friend is a big fan of the panthers and I can't bring myself to support a team based out of Nottingham.

Avs sign Briere. Does this mean Statsny won't stay ?

Hes already gone to the blues. Bit disappointed to see him go.

Good news though... got tickets to see some champions league hockey! Panthers vs Lulea. Didn't get tickets for the lukko game as its a friday night and starts about an hour after I finish work :(

How would you rank Lulea compared to other teams in europe? I only really follow british ice hockey and the NHL so they're completely unknown to me.

I haven't followed ice hockey in Sweden for a long time but they should be pretty much on the level our teams are. The difference between Lule

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived