NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-2 double overtime winner for LA Kings

Thoroughly deserved too - I think they more than doubled the amount of shots that the Rangers had.

4-1 series win is a fair reflection on the dominance, but it was surprising that it took three OT wins to seal it.

First time I've seen a proper decent Stanley cup win on home ice. LA won it two years ago but beating New Jersey 6-1 or whatever it was kind of took away the excitement.

Recent Boston, Pittsburgh and Chicago wins have all been finished on away ice so it was a mooted reaction from the crowd. Not tonight, as LA took the roof off.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be good all round, Spezza puts up the points but seems to have a lack of heart when going gets tough. One year left on his contract 7M hit but 4M in reality. Might be better out of the Canadian goldfish bowl environment and hopefully the Sens can get some good value in return

Tuukka Rask won the Vezina Trophy. Yay ! Poor Jonathan Toews won nothing. Hard to understand. Shea Weber will never win the Norris Trophy unless he leaves Predators and go for some club with more media frenzy.

You heard anything about what Avs going to do with their first round pick, use it or trade it ?

Not heard anything done a couple of google searches but it only comes up with suggestions. We've got a lot of good young players so it would maybe be worth looking to trade for a more experienced defender. Sounds like Ryan O Reilly will resign but Paul Statsny wants to see what offers he can get. If we lose Statsny we'll need a new defensive centre with nhl experience. Plus he put 60 points up last season so could be a big loss.

Didn't know that Statsny might be leaving. I was thinking that I might trade the first pick myself too for some experience this year. Avs got good thing going on youn talent. An experienced star player could take the team to next level.

Just learned that Gino Odjick is dying. He has some rare heart disease which will kill him. He only has few weeks, a few months at the most. As I understand he has two kids of his own and he has adopted five kids with his wife. Absolutely tragic.

He always was my favourite enforcer on the ice. I was waiting this draft so much as I always do but doesn't feel so special anymore. I wish him and his family all the best.

If anyone hears any news on him please post here.

Archived