Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know, he seems to be doing alright for himself, since he left here. He's been to Wembley, his win % ratio is much healthier, he's adored by the fans, who seem to know a thing or two about what a proper football manager looks like. He's appreciated for his work in the transfer market and the fans recognise that he's built a brillaint team spirit, already.

What have you done since you were last here McMuffin, with all of your charm, knowledge and wit, what have you been upto for the last 6 months or so?

Horrible bittering about?

Have you ever met the sheff utd fans or had the privilege of listening to there phone in praise or grumble? Why do they know a thing or two about football? Basically clough has found his level, we know he can manage a team to finish mid table in the champ, he just never was capable here of achieving anything more.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever met the sheff utd fans or had the privilege of listening to there phone in praise or grumble? Why do they know a thing or two about football? Basically clough has found his level, we know he can manage a team to finish mid table in the champ, he just never was capable here of achieving anything more.

Some love Clough can't let go

No I only talk about derby not Sheffield United.

Look forward to the day the negative 5hit ends up at Forest then all his follows can p1ss off down the road with him.

Only piped up cause I'm amazed he's still mentioned when it's the guy who sacked him who should be the one lavished with praise!!

Sam rush & Steve McClaren positive & successfull

Nigel Clough negative & maybe failure is harsh but no more than average. Found his level now perhaps but if Sheffield unt ever get back up and want Premier League football that's where it'll go wrong. That's a if he gets them up and above his level.

The mac & Rush well, think the results speak for them selves.

Up the Rams!!!!

(Not the blades)

The fact that you mention Sheffield United in the opening line of this post, plus how you still bang on about how much you hate Nige kinda contradicts your 'I don't talk about Sheffield United' stance. 

Seem to recall you revelling in the fact that Nige had an average start at SUFC. Shame he went on to be a great success for the rest of the season. You must be absolutely gutted.

Of course I've met Sheff Utd fans, they're the same as fans up and down the country. They have some fairly knowledgable and they have some total duck eggs as well. Just like DCFC.

Second bold. The beauty of that my friend is that you'll never know.

You can't say for certain that the team wouldn't have clicked in the same way as it has if Clough had stayed.

I listenend to you all for four years telling me that his signings weren't good enough. That he couldn't build a squad capable of competing, that he couldn't win more games than he loses. Telling me that Buxton wasn't good enough. And of course telling me that Clough wasn't good enough. Even this season telling me these players weren't good enough.

Now suddenly Buxton is god and it's all down to McClaren. My oh my.

I didn't trust your judgement then and I don't trust it now. I think we were on the cusp of something special for 2 seasons, I said it two seasons ago and got called all the names under the sun from those who knew we were really crap and the players Nige was bringing in weren't good enough. I said it pre-season and got hammered.

I find it all quite ironic.

I don't trust your views on football, not you emj and certainly not the piece of trash McMuffin.

The fact that you mention Sheffield United in the opening line of this post, plus how you still bang on about how much you hate Nige kinda contradicts your 'I don't talk about Sheffield United' stance.

Seem to recall you revelling in the fact that Nige had an average start at SUFC. Shame he went on to be a great success for the rest of the season. You must be absolutely gutted.

Where did he finish.....

Yes mid table only this time in league 1 and I'm guessing his budget & wage bill is top 2 or 3.....

Cues the excuses and bull

The fact that you mention Sheffield United in the opening line of this post, plus how you still bang on about how much you hate Nige kinda contradicts your 'I don't talk about Sheffield United' stance.

Return of the mac oh yes return of the mac

Of course I've met Sheff Utd fans, they're the same as fans up and down the country. They have some fairly knowledgable and they have some total duck eggs as well. Just like DCFC.

You can't say for certain that the team wouldn't have clicked in the same way as it has if Clough had stayed.

I listenend to you all for four years telling me that his signings weren't good enough. That he couldn't build a squad capable of competing, that he couldn't win more games than he loses. Telling me that Buxton wasn't good enough. And of course telling me that Clough wasn't good enough. Even this season telling me these players weren't good enough.

I didn't trust your judgement then and I don't trust it now. I think we were on the cusp of something special for 2 seasons, I said it two seasons ago and got called all the names under the sun from those who knew we were really crap and the players Nige was bringing in weren't good enough. I said it pre-season and got hammered.

I don't trust your views on football, not you emj and certainly not the piece of trash McMuffin.

But Buxton has improved under the Mac everyone can see it we finished 3rd for **** sake 14 the when loser pi55ed off

Where did he finish.....

Yes mid table only this time in league 1 and I'm guessing his budget & wage bill is top 2 or 3.....

Cues the excuses and bull

You're forgetting context old bean. When he took over they were what? 22nd in the league? They finished 7th. That's an unbelievable turn around. Don't let the facts get in the way of your hate campaign though.

But Buxton has improved under the Mac everyone can see it we finished 3rd for **** sake 14 the when loser pi55ed off

You're getting a bit tense there McMuffin. Calm down you maniac.

Why does it bother you so much that he's on the verge of building ANOTHER winning squad?

You're forgetting context old bean. When he took over they were what? 22nd in the league? They finished 7th. That's an unbelievable turn around. Don't let the facts get in the way of your hate campaign though.

Don't hate him just don't understand the love for man who brought 4 miserable league campaigns to our club.

Don't get me wrong he can spot a talent but couldn't manage a pi55 up in a brewery.

Maybe that's where his future would be a success, scouting!

It's been done to death the last 6 months. Everyone's had their two penneth, and generally agree roughly on his good points and bad. Yet it's the same select few who see no wrong or see no positive.

Don't hate him just don't understand the love for man who brought 4 miserable league campaigns to our club.

Don't get me wrong he can spot a talent but couldn't manage a pi55 up in a brewery.

Maybe that's where his future would be a success, scouting!

I'm not going to pretend they were great campaigns, but miserable? Think you're being a teeny, tiny bit overdramatic. Miserable would've been relegation. There were plenty of bright moments, as well as dour ones, and ultimately that's what defined his tenure - inconsistency. 

Likewise, I don't understand why you need to revel in his sacking. You were absolutely loving it when he was having a slow start at SUFC - posting after each bad result. Your gloating was pathetic. Funny how you went all quiet when he actually started getting decent results isn't it?

I can't say I'm unhappy he's gone - we've had an unbelievable season under the Mac and I very much doubt Clough would've achieved the same success here (unfortunately we'll never know now hey?). Still, I acknowledge what he did do well - planting the seeds for Mac, etc - so for that I'll always wish him the best wherever he goes. There's no reason to bash him with your anti-clough stick anymore. He's moved on with SUFC. We've moved on with the Mac. It's time you did too. 

I'm not going to pretend they were great campaigns, but miserable? Think you're being a teeny, tiny bit overdramatic. Miserable would've been relegation. There were plenty of bright moments, as well as dour ones, and ultimately that's what defined his tenure - inconsistency.

Likewise, I don't understand why you need to revel in his sacking. You were absolutely loving it when he was having a slow start at SUFC - posting after each bad result. Your gloating was pathetic. Funny how you went all quiet when he actually started getting decent results isn't it?

I can't say I'm unhappy he's gone - we've had an unbelievable season under the Mac and I very much doubt Clough would've achieved the same success here (unfortunately we'll never know now hey?). Still, I acknowledge what he did do well - planting the seeds for Mac, etc - so for that I'll always wish him the best wherever he goes. There's no reason to bash him with your anti-clough stick anymore. He's moved on with SUFC. We've moved on with the Mac. It's time you did too.

Points taken

It's been done to death the last 6 months. Everyone's had their two penneth, and generally agree roughly on his good points and bad. Yet it's the same select few who see no wrong or see no positive.

SRG, I haven't posted a sausage about him for about three months. Nothing.

I've stayed away from threads. I've been insulted. I've been labelled the forum idiot by someone I actually quite liked.

Christ, it was the forum Owner and his chief admin that re-started the thread to provoke a row. Maybe it was all getting a bit too quiet.

Its a Nigel Clough thread bonnie lad.

It's clear enough what's going to be going on in here.

Just don't open the thread, if it annoys you that much, there's another 100 odd threads you can go and police.

Same could be said about David Moyes at Man United

Archived