Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's football and Managers move on and so should we as Rams fans.

Success is paramount for Derby County lets get behind the current regime .

Got my season ticket for next season and I am looking forward to the game tonight win or lose after all we are still a great club.

If we miss out on promotion well there's always next season so let's enjoy the ride .

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that clip pasted by Curtains is quality, I cannot remember Nigel ever being that happy and positive as Derby boss.

I always had this debate with people defending Clough yet blaming the board that Nigel should be true to himself and not pretend everything is okay behind the scenes,

On a side note, I wonder if there are Wigan fans who think sacking Coyle was a wrong move!

Clough in the back of his mind must know that rush has done him a big favour, sacking him when he did saved him another season of mediocrity.

As it is he was able to walk out with a air of uncertainty about his management skills based upon his time at burton, and luckily after SM coaching and rush lending 2 of our players that have been able to go on a little unbeaten run.

Otherwise he could have been rebuilding his career at Tamworth, hopes he mentions this in his celebration speech whilst lifting the cup :-D

Never knew that M****** or R************ were 'journalists'.

Don't cry Eddie.

Are you going to report us again for making you upset?

:baby:

You should spend more time toilet training and less time posting on here.

ps. I happen to agree with said journalist.

Nigel was at Moor Farm today Derby vs Sheff U U 21s it was all quite amicable.

Rams won 2-1 Thomas and Hoggy scored.

No-one got kneed?

I have to say, what a load of codswallop. Written purely with the aim of getting a response, why oh why it was even published, who knows. But I am responding.

Anyway, just because Clough is doing a good job for Sheff Utd so far, does not mean he would be doing such a job here. Let us not forget our wonderful cup record under Clough. Crawley Town anyone?

Sheff Utd are not the same beast as Derby County, there are entirely different expectations, ambitions, set ups. It is folly to suggest that success at United proves he would have done the same with Derby. Clough is doing things at United, he rarely came close to with Derby in 5 years. If anything, all the evidence was pointing to another season of midtable fun.

The only thing I can conclude is that Clough has learnt from his time at Derby. He needed a fresh start, a place where the burden of history didn't loom over him, a place where he could keep his family life and the things that matter to him and be loyal to those he wants to be.

I have to say, what a load of codswallop. Written purely with the aim of getting a response, why oh why it was even published, who knows. But I am responding.

Anyway, just because Clough is doing a good job for Sheff Utd so far, does not mean he would be doing such a job here. Let us not forget our wonderful cup record under Clough. Crawley Town anyone?

Sheff Utd are not the same beast as Derby County, there are entirely different expectations, ambitions, set ups. It is folly to suggest that success at United proves he would have done the same with Derby. Clough is doing things at United, he rarely came close to with Derby in 5 years. If anything, all the evidence was pointing to another season of midtable fun.

The only thing I can conclude is that Clough has learnt from his time at Derby. He needed a fresh start, a place where the burden of history didn't loom over him, a place where he could keep his family life and the things that matter to him and be loyal to those he wants to be.

I'm not going off on one, I'm typing calmy and it's just my opinion. My biggest gripe, in fact my only gripe, I don't think the people who judged that we weren't progressing on the field, are qualified or knowledgable enough about FOOTBALL to have made that decision.

I think we were in much better shape than most are prepared to admit. We smashed teams out of sight and it was only the dodgy form of Grant and Forsyth that let us down.

I personally think he worked hard enough to have been given this season to get it right. 9 games wasn't enough. We only lost to teams who are all going to finish top 6, we beat everyone else. We lost to the Champions elect Leicester, we lost to the Runners Up elect in BUrnley and we lost to Reading. We lost to Forest and it was that game which had me really confused cos I watched us do everything but score against Forest, even when we went down to 10 men we were still playing some really incisive stuff.

Then I came online and all hell had broken loose about how poor we'd been, then half an hour later he was gone.

I just don't think those set of results were bad enough to push him out and I'll always have a tinge of regret that he couldn't finish the job and I really don't understand why that view should anger people so much.

I still think he's going to be a fairly decent manager.

His win % looks a lot healthier and I think he has learnt from his time here. I think for a couple of seasons he struggled to find his ideal formation or get us playing the way he wanted us to play. I think it finally clicked into place towards the back end of last season, I think he watched us play teams off the park and i think he's pretty much taken that pressing, counter attacking style to Bramall Lane and it's working very well indeed.

He'll be under a different kind of pressure next season, when expectation levels will be through the roof, but he's loved at the Lane already, so that's got to be a refreshing experience for him. Their fans think he's woken up a sleeping giant.

Getting them to the Semi Final of the FA Cup, something Derby havent done for a couple of decades, and to get them to win 9 in a row conceding only one goal in the process is a brilliant achievment.

I don't care what level it's at, there's not many managers will achieve that this season and I'm taking a little bit of satisfaction from the fact he's clearly not as bad a manager as some would have me believe.

I do think it's created a win win situation though. I agree with that part of it fully. No-one has come out of it badly, Derby have pushed on, everyone has to be delighted with the  position McClaren, Simpson and Steele have us in.

Nigel got back in the game quickly at a good club and he's having a brilliant time of things. Getting a league one side to Wembley in his first half a season in charge is something no-one can belittle.

Surely everyone is happy? We're all winners here.

So let me get this right....

Clough would have overturned a Chelsea side containing the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Torres on the bench.

To then go on and beat Man City at the Etihad, containing the likes of Yaya Toure, Aguero, Negredo and Kompany?

Alright mate.

So let me get this right....

Clough would have overturned a Chelsea side containing the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Torres on the bench.

To then go on and beat Man City at the Etihad, containing the likes of Yaya Toure, Aguero, Negredo and Kompany?

Alright mate.

Edited. Ignore.

As well as beating Brentford after having a 3 goal head start, oh that's right that didnt happen; just conveniently forgotten.

Archived