Jake Buxton Interview

Daaave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26382937

"Derby County defender Jake Buxton tells BBC Radio Derby the Rams can no longer play down their hopes of winning promotion to the Premiership.

Derby sit third in the Championship table and Buxton, whose side face second-placed Burnley on Saturday, said they have to embrace the challenge and every game until the end of the season is a massive game.

The former Mansfield Town and Burton Albion centre-half also discusses the team's approach under manager Steve McClaren, his beard and status as a cult hero, and his time as a non-league player."

:wub:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His debut at Pride Park against Peterbrough, made a great challenge near the North East corner. I applauded him enthusiastically, felt like he was looking right at me, the look on his face was one of "I'm Jake Buxton, a football genius, **** off you patronising tosser". 

He's a top bloke 'im.

Back off sage......many of us rated him before it was fashionable......i guess some of us see things others don't.... :ph34r:

I was always surprised by the amount of Jake Hate that appeared on this forum from time to time over the years. I remember being shouted down each down he hit a "bad patch" (which generally amounted to him being injured for a while and when he came back people looking down on him like some non-league nobody), with people declaring that he could never be good enough for this level and a "League Two player at best". I doubt that times have changed that much either, give it until next year and if he hits another "bad patch" we'll get out the whiteout to pen back into the history books that he's only ever been an "adequate midtable player".

The funniest part is that people have always tended to get on the "he's gotten better" bandwagon each time he's hit form, but his first truly memorable performance was his debut where he even set up the goal for Addison. He was brilliant at the start of that campaign and caught many by surprise. It always seemed to me as more a case of short memories than him improving out of sight, as he's generally played well from the start. That said, his ability on the ball has improved somewhat, but he's always been a very solid player for us, and has at times, even from his first season with us, been capable of being our best player on his day.

It's been great to see the great man receive the praise he deserves, long may it continue.

I have to admit I was a sceptic about his ability to adapt, as I felt his game was based on heart.

Every time he has faced a hurdle, I have thought it will be a bridge too far and every time he's proven me wrong.

I think McClaren bought Keane in to replace him, come the time that he made a mistake, but he stood up to the task and hasn't looked back since.

Hats off to the management for giving him enough to prove his worth to the team.

He reminds me of Rob Hindmarch in a way, that he just kept on being good enough.

I was always surprised by the amount of Jake Hate that appeared on this forum from time to time over the years. I remember being shouted down each down he hit a "bad patch" (which generally amounted to him being injured for a while and when he came back people looking down on him like some non-league nobody), with people declaring that he could never be good enough for this level and a "League Two player at best". I doubt that times have changed that much either, give it until next year and if he hits another "bad patch" we'll get out the whiteout to pen back into the history books that he's only ever been an "adequate midtable player".

The funniest part is that people have always tended to get on the "he's gotten better" bandwagon each time he's hit form, but his first truly memorable performance was his debut where he even set up the goal for Addison. He was brilliant at the start of that campaign and caught many by surprise. It always seemed to me as more a case of short memories than him improving out of sight, as he's generally played well from the start. That said, his ability on the ball has improved somewhat, but he's always been a very solid player for us, and has at times, even from his first season with us, been capable of being our best player on his day.

It's been great to see the great man receive the praise he deserves, long may it continue.

Albert, you never cease to impress me!

How anyone can be so articulate and incisive at this time on a Saturday morning amazes me.

Your love of stats would make you a good candidate for chancellor of the exchequor.

This is a good assessment of yet another good member of what is developing into one of the best, if not the best, Rams squads of the last thirty years.

Archived