Laudrup sacked by Swansea

Curtains

There has been a lot of behind the scene things going on down here.

Players fighting in the training ground a couple of weeks ago.

A (allegedly) big argument between Huw Jenkins & Laudrup last week, and Laudrup's unwillingness to commit beyond the end of the season.

And a awful lot fans have been calling for his sacking.

All Huw Jenkins is a mouth piece for the directors, The club is financed by a couple of Dutch guys, and a local hotel owner.

And one or two are mentioning our Stevie as their next manager.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying that Laudrup is not a good manager but what makes you think that? They had Martinez and Rodgers before Laudrup both who have gone on to bigger better things.

I don't really think Laudrup has done much at Swansea above and beyond what they were already doing, as people have said Jenkins isn't a hire and fire merchant so maybe he feels the same.

I believe that Swansea, a team from peripheria of football has used all the luck finding themselves a worldclass managers.

Not saying that Laudrup is not a good manager but what makes you think that? They had Martinez and Rodgers before Laudrup both who have gone on to bigger better things.

I don't really think Laudrup has done much at Swansea above and beyond what they were already doing, as people have said Jenkins isn't a hire and fire merchant so maybe he feels the same.

Really? Laudrup took them to a new level - not so much the results on the pitch as there was only 1 point difference between his and Brendan Rodgers' totals over the last two years..

But financially, Laudrup took them to a new level.

His signings from abroad have been phenomenal and their value has increased loads. I guarantee that the squad that Laudrup has now is more than $30m more than the one Brendan Rodgers had.

As for the sacking - it surely cannot be results based? It has to be problems off the field.

I reckon a big club tried to go in for Laudrup in the summer and Swansea wouldn't let him go. I don't think his heart was in the right place this season. Far too many changes after each game, rotated more than a pole dancer.

Really? Laudrup took them to a new level - not so much the results on the pitch as there was only 1 point difference between his and Brendan Rodgers' totals over the last two years..

His signings from abroad have been phenomenal and their value has increased loads. I guarantee that the squad that Laudrup has now is more than $30m more than the one Brendan Rodgers had.

As for the sacking - it surely cannot be results based? It has to be problems off the field.

I believe he took them one or two places and points higher and won a cup that not too many teams take seriously anymore so no major improvement.

His squad should be worth more...he spent in excess of £10million on Bony didn't he? Michu was an excellent signing but beyond that nothing that has improved Swansea to any great extent.

I agree that it is probably not results based though.

Been thinking about what you said Bris, do you think the point you made above means Laudrup is a good manager or deserved longer?

I'm sure there was once a manager who did pretty much the same thing (gradually moved his club forward but vastly increased the value of the squad)who you would slate and said he needed sacking?

I would suggest it is results based.

One win in their last 10 games and even that was against Fulham.

They're on a slippery slope and something had to give.

Many of the fans wanted him gone and he was given the vote of confidence by the Swansea board last week so the writing was very clearly on the wall.

He did a great job last year but the past is the past. His signings this season haven't been a rip roaring success and their style of play that was so refreshing a year ago noe appears one dimensional and lethargic.

Archived