Laudrup sacked by Swansea

Curtains

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael's long-term future with us.

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games.

"However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

"Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.''

So, certainly a falling out of some kind...

"It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael's long-term future with us.

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games.

"However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

"Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.''

So, certainly a falling out of some kind...

Jenkins isn't the type of chairman to sack a manager on the spur of the moment, so there must have been some problems behind the scenes. 

Obviously something must have gone off behind the scenes! Maybe he wanted new players, quite understandable really given that they are competing in Europa, and you probably need another 5 players if you are to compete in both that and the league. Pretty similar situation to Newcastle last year who struggled but are doing well again this year.

One team will be getting a very good manager if he gets another job in the UK again!

Swansea will never get a manager as good again.

Not saying that Laudrup is not a good manager but what makes you think that? They had Martinez and Rodgers before Laudrup both who have gone on to bigger better things.

I don't really think Laudrup has done much at Swansea above and beyond what they were already doing, as people have said Jenkins isn't a hire and fire merchant so maybe he feels the same.

Archived