"Drop Buxton"

Leicester Ram

They must have one hell of a team spirit to not have one player in the top twenty in the division and still be ten points clear or those ratings posted by Ronnie don't mean a lot .i know what I think.

There's over 500 players in this division. They could 25 on the top hundred and have a better agregate rating than any other team in the division.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the goals come either down our left (Forsyth) or directly through the middle (Eustace).

Very rarely, if at all, so sides breach us on Wisdoms side.

I still think we have needed a left back for 3 years.

As for Eustace, Chelsea, Barnsley and Yeovil all bypassed him with ease, before getting a shot off.

As for corners and defensive organising, isn't our captain and leader part of that defence?

Lots of training ground work and mirror staring.

This is quite significant. 

I first started noticed it against Chelsea as it happened so frequently. Players were either running past Eustace or isolating him by passing triangles around him. This seems to have continued in our games since and has become a bit of a theme when the opposition look dangerous. 

What are the reasons?

Is Eustace too tired, he's done well and played more games than we or he expected and he's struggling to stop the runs he used too.

Or have teams done their homework and realised they can run at our defence if they bypass Eustace quickly. I think it's a combination. I certainly think the management are aware of this, hence the Thorne signing. 

Hopefully Thorne and Eustace can share the role and have a big influence on the rest of the season.

Or your argunent has no basis at all.

12 out of the best 20 players in this league are central defenders, unless im reading something wrong this seems to be a system that is slightly flawed.

12 out of the best 20 players in this league are central defenders, unless im reading something wrong this seems to be a system that is slightly flawed.

I find it quite interesting that this is the case in the Championship whereas in Prem and the top European leagues the same system shows a much better balance, with the top 10 occupied primarily by attacking players. I suspect this is due to the fact that aerial duels seem to contribute based on the number won rather than % won. Of course with more teams playing a long ball game in the Championship defenders are able to achieve better ratings.

Pure speculation of course but you're right, I don't think the ratings quite portray an accurate picture for the Championship.

Something I noticed too. Block/tackles seem to get a better score than passing and creating chances.

For instance, Hughes got 6.4 yesterday but many people on him gave him at least an 8.

4th in the league and massive arguments are breaking out.

This can only be good thing really, raising the standards of everyone. 

Yes, we have raised the standard. We are measuring the standard now by what we need to get automatic promotion. There's no margin for letting 2 silly points go like yesterday.  We are hard taskmasters , but so are the management team. Sounds like Simo gave them a a rollicking.

Yes, we have raised the standard. We are measuring the standard now by what we need to get automatic promotion. There's no margin for letting 2 silly points go like yesterday. We are hard taskmasters , but so are the management team. Sounds like Simo gave them a a rollicking.

McClaren said he doesn't really feel like seeing them for a couple of days.

Keogh was a bit timid in his interview too.

Bet the walls shook

As I wasn't there and haven't seen any footage I can't really comment, but were we just going all out to score again to the detriment of the defensive stuff?

Whilst a draw away from home is commendable it is so painful to concede the draw with almost the last kick of the game.

COYR

I think this is the opinion of most fans. 

You look at the back 5:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

On individual performance they have all been quality recently but as a group they are so leaky. 

Personally i would give Hughes and Bryson less of a license to roam vs QPR so that they can help Eustace picking up runners.

To listen to some on here and other boards Eustace is a rock and a quality holding midfielder. They need to get their heads out of their Jacksies. Now your talking about sacrificing our creative players to help Eustace.. geeeez.

Eustace is a liability and should not be in the squad.. End of.

As for QPR, we are at home, we don't need to go defensive.

When buxtons man is on the ball he generally deals with him as well as anyone else at this level. Otherwise I think his positioning puts unnecessary pressure on the defence.

Yeovils second was poor from Keogh but he shouldn't have had two players to think about in the first place.

Crosses are where Buxton is weakest for me, great at heading the ball but when defending a cross he just tries to block his man's run. Its great when it works but won't always work and we have seen more than a few easy headers after Buxton let his man get to the ball unchallenged.

Eustace is just as bad at dealing with crosses and we always seem to look vulnerable when the ball goes into a crowded box. I think Whitbread looked much more likely to get a head in during his brief time on the field.

I liked what we saw of Whitbread. He looks like he might be better than Keogh and Buxton. But Leicester fans say he's unreliable and he's played what, 2 or 3 games(??) for us in 2 or 3 months? Can't take him seriously.

Didn't like the look of Keane at all though.

Archived