George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

WBA FC answer me this. If Thorne should return to you this summer, how do you honestly think your fans are going to receive him? Not asking as a rival, asking as a fellow fan. I've seen very few of your fans backing him up since his statement you see, have seen lots of hatred directed at the man tho.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can catergorically tell you it is our technical director who makes ALL these decisions, no matter who the head coach is?

99% sure that your head coach has a say in transfers. If he came in and decided he doesn't think much of Thorne, you'd get rid. Simple as that. We have a head coach too, we are aware of how it works.

"I do find your high and mighty stance rather bemusing, the baggies, premier league giants. I mean Derby are no giants, but at least we are moving in the right direction. Surely a club of your fantastic stature has plenty of players as good as Thorne?"

Yes, but due to the stupid rules we keep losing our academy gems to the top 4 clubs and we receive £209k

TrueLou

Last season was a disaster for us, both on and off the pitch. We have made changes by sacking McDonut, not keeping Pepe and appointing Burton to fill the void Dan Ashworth left.

There was initial anger from fans in ration to Thorne's comments which immediately died down when the club said "he was not for sale" in response to Thorne's comments

We forgave ODW and hoped he would knuckle down again but instead took to twitter to keep bashing the club and eventually most fans had enough and gave him both barrels against Wigan at home.

So, to sum up, we have forgiven him already as we've had more than enough carp to contend with over the last 18 months

By the way, a bit off topic, don't think it's a very good set up if your coach gets players handed to him and taken off him.

Here McClaren doesn't have full control over transfers but he's part of the recruitment team. We try to free him from scouting and dealing with agents and contracts etc. He's in the loop though.

You buy and sell players without a coach? Without his input? Why are you buying players now without a coach?

It's the 'continental way'. Basically if the director and coach have a great understanding and share the same philosophy then it's fine. If you don't find that balance then like Spurs and Milan and many, many other clubs you end up a hire 'em and fire 'em club.

But if Thorne does the same thing becos your board haven't taken his concerns seriously then you have more grief on it's way next season? Surely as a fan you'd rather see it resolved with all parties happy than another unhappy player media circus next season. Sounds like you've had your quota already bud. Ooh he's just tweeted that he's on his way back to UK. Next installment could be soon.....

Wow, who'd have thought Thorne would create this much debate when he was sat on our bench for two months.

Much as I'd like to see him sign, the way we're building him up seems out of all proportion.

I'd never heard of him till he signed, and trust we can pull a similar rabbit out the hat if needs be.

WBA FC answer me this. If Thorne should return to you this summer, how do you honestly think your fans are going to receive him? Not asking as a rival, asking as a fellow fan. I've seen very few of your fans backing him up since his statement you see, have seen lots of hatred directed at the man tho.

This. Albion fans wishing Thorne vile things, Thorne's favourited them on his twitter so he's acknowledged them.

Yes, but due to the stupid rules we keep losing our academy gems to the top 4 clubs and we receive £209k

Wait? You don't have category 1 status? If he doesn't budge we should just out-spite Peace and threaten to sign every single one of your academy players! :lol:

Ha ha ha. ITK. My arse. Typical key board warrior. Why would be speak publically and confidently about signing him if we knew outright we couldn't afford him.

What a fool!

Check our forum if you dont believe I know what Im talking about. I have nothing against Derby but you simply dont have the cash to sign players that Prem clubs dont want to sell.

Wow, who'd have thought Thorne would create this much debate when he was sat on our bench for two months.

Much as I'd like to see him sign, the way we're building him up seems out of all proportion.

I'd never heard of him till he signed, and trust we can pull a similar rabbit out the hat if needs be.

I think it's gone past the point of the value of the player now and has become more about the principle of the whole thing. No one wants to end up looking a tool but I think we can safely say that after this debacle is done there will be at least one tool to be counted. Here's hoping it's not us.

Archived