George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody seen that Thorne is working with a personal trainer whilst he's out in Dubai? Shows some commitment that, he could be streets ahead in preparation for next season. Just hope we get him.

I think he has to because if his ACL doesn't he?

I don't get the whole fuss about the lads comments in all honesty. 

Yeah, Okay. If it was a first team player crying about a move despite being a key player then I'd be annoyed.

However, Thorne's situation is completely different. As the Baggie fan said about Chris Dawson too.

You can't expect to stockpile players and everyone be happy, especially when there is interest. No-one is in football to sit on the bench in the hope of 20-minutes.

He knows next season, we should be looking at pushing on and getting promotion - he would be a key part in that. Whereas West Brom will be looking to keep their heads above water again, which he probably wouldn't be a key part of that. 

I am amazed that a professional footballer who has just signed a new contract can come out with stuff like that, just immature and stupid.

A new contract he was forced to sign so he could go on loan somewhere. From the sound of it WBA realised he wanted out, but didn't want him to go for free so got him to sign a new contract. If he hadnt and not been allowed on loan he would have fine for free but as a player who had not played much after a long term injury who'd have touched him?

Wouldnt anyone be thinking the same. Come here made friends his own age group, playing first team football, feels a key player then he might have to go back and still a bit part player at wba not sure if youll get a game. He cant lose now either come derby a star or play for them but I dont think they can say hell have first time football 100% so i think hell come though hes right they should sell him to us or play him stop sending him out on loan because hes 21 now not 16.

Wouldnt anyone be thinking the same. Come here made friends his own age group, playing first team football, feels a key player then he might have to go back and still a bit part player at wba not sure he'll get a game. He cant lose now either come derby a star or play for them but I dont think they can say hell have first team football 100% so i think hell come here hes right thoughthey should sell him to us or play him stop sending him out on loan because hes 21 now not 16.

He's deleted all his pictures of him playing for West Brom off his instagram. Just kept the Derby ones..

Yes, I'm a stalker. :)

You've got it bad, go out with Cisse and find yourself a nice woman

I don't get the whole fuss about the lads comments in all honesty. 

Yeah, Okay. If it was a first team player crying about a move despite being a key player then I'd be annoyed.

However, Thorne's situation is completely different. As the Baggie fan said about Chris Dawson too.

You can't expect to stockpile players and everyone be happy, especially when there is interest. No-one is in football to sit on the bench in the hope of 20-minutes.

He knows next season, we should be looking at pushing on and getting promotion - he would be a key part in that. Whereas West Brom will be looking to keep their heads above water again, which he probably wouldn't be a key part of that. 

But they are saying that he was getting a good run in the first team when he got injured. And they stuck by him through his injury and he was only supposed to go out on loan to get some match sharpness back, but ended up getting this idea that he was being frozen out. An idea they claim isn't true.

I have heard he gets on really well with Russell, been out in Derby on the lash several times.

#Buckfast

Looks like Bamford and Bailey too seeing as though they're away together.

We should resign Bailey just to keep him happy!!

But they are saying that he was getting a good run in the first team when he got injured. And they stuck by him through his injury and he was only supposed to go out on loan to get some match sharpness back, but ended up getting this idea that he was being frozen out. An idea they claim isn't true.

You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

If he was sent out on loan with the idea: 'go to Derby, get yourself fit and next season we will have you in the first-team' he wouldn't kick up a fuss.

But, if he was told to sign a new deal in hope they could get money out of him at the end of it, then I think he has every right to be peeved. 

The Mirror couldn't print the 'duress' line without a conclusive statement. Otherwise they've just made themselves incredibly liable to a legal case. 

You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

If he was sent out on loan with the idea: 'go to Derby, get yourself fit and next season we will have you in the first-team' he wouldn't kick up a fuss.

But, if he was told to sign a new deal in hope they could get money out of him at the end of it, then I think he has every right to be peeved. 

The Mirror couldn't print the 'duress' line without a conclusive statement. Otherwise they've just made themselves incredibly liable to a legal case. 

Of course. I'm just bringing balance to the argument. I agree with you. That's WBA's point of view and their side of the argument

Archived