George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you this infatuated with all your transfer targets?

Serious question btw

Yes we do, we are a passionate bunch and know a good player when we see one.

Also there is very little other stuff to talk about, our local rival tin pot club have calmed down and stopped doing daft things (for the moment) so we need to fixate (?) on something and a transfer saga of our own making is always a good one.

Tbh we- the Club (and the supporters) haven't helped matters by making it so apparent to all and sundry (particularly WBA) how much we rate GT and want him at the Club.

I believe that 1.5m plus add-ons is actually a fair price. but fairness has long gone out of the window. WBA see us as desperate (and that's how we are acting in truth) and are looking for a premium.

If GT allows us to continue straight into this new season with the momentum that MIGHT give us a chance to go up automatically (and I think he -as part of the team - might) then maybe it's time for the owners themselves to step in and say to SR/SM something along the lines of, ' yes, we know he's not really worth 2m + up-front, but u need to look at the bigger picture. We will fund that extra amount because we believe it might just make the difference'. That's to say, just eat humble pie on this, let us pay the extra money (which isn't a massive amount in the overall scheme of things) and let's move on......

The club have said very little apart from the fact that they have made a couple of bids and have been in discussions.

The hysteria has been here - in this thread, and restricted to the fans. "He's worth this, he's worth that, West Brom want 8 million, we should pay what they want" etc etc.

The bid office is now closed.

Our hours of opening are:

Mon-fri 9am-5pm

(Sat/sun by prior appointment only)

Bid-dum tish!

Thorne fever strikes Derby! I hope we never try to sign a great player with a long track record! Every day is status, and the amount we ought to offer, rises. We will need to remortgage Pride Park soon.

Thank god that Rush has got his head screwed on and he won't be caught up in the frenzy or we would end up paying far too much money based on eight appearances in a Rams shirt..

The number of games he played for us last season decreases by the day.

It was 12, btw.

Langoliers must be eating them.

We'll make a bid tomorrow to WBA demands and then happy demands. I don't see why we'd do otherwise? We can't forget out other targets though (I.e Gamboa, a Winger, a back up striker)

I highly doubt that Gamboa is a target. Owen Bradley said he wasn't, coupled with Nicholson saying that Christie would be 1st choice makes it seem that we aren't after Gamboa.

Archived