George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I won't quote Tiger because of the amount of text, but understand my point.

There's a decent chance Thorne will sign, probably in the next 2 weeks, so if that happens that doesn't mean he's 100% right (it doesn't mean he's wrong either). All I'm saying is why hasn't he posted anything that we haven't heard previously that has a possibility of happening, do you get my point?

I'm not doubting him, I'm just wondering why. I'm not trying to catch him out, I just want to know why, that's all

Fair point, and I considered this. The Thorne deal is obviously well known that we're in for him, all MR has done is provide a couple of extra details.

Contract renegotiations are probably not so cloak and dagger.

His source might not be at the centre of everything. Just on the periphery. Able to get little nuggets about things that are reasonably well known, but not able to get info about things that are maybe being played a bit closer to the chest, or a bit less high profile, less water cooler chatter etc.

So they may not be the most revolutionary bits of info. He's not likely to give us breaking news on signing Neymar. But we appreciate the nuggets he can give us, until he's disproven.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm down guys. Nixon receives endless amounts of criticism on here and so do Baggies fans who give their opinion on the Thorne deal not happening. Just because Mackworth is a Derby fan, doesn't mean he's immune to being questioned about the reliability of his info 

Fair point, and I considered this. The Thorne deal is obviously well known that we're in for him, all MR has done is provide a couple of extra details.

Contract renegotiations are probably not so cloak and dagger.

His source might not be at the centre of everything. Just on the periphery. Able to get little nuggets about things that are reasonably well known, but not able to get info about things that are maybe being played a bit closer to the chest, or a bit less high profile, less water cooler chatter etc.

So they may not be the most revolutionary bits of info. He's not likely to give us breaking news on signing Neymar. But we appreciate the nuggets he can give us, until he's disproven.

Yeah I agree. I won't discredit him until he gets something wrong as it would be unfair, it's just slightly odd. I didn't mean to cause offence, was just stating my opinion on the situation

Calm down guys. Nixon receives endless amounts of criticism on here and so do Baggies fans who give their opinion on the Thorne deal not happening. Just because Mackworth is a Derby fan, doesn't mean he's immune to being questioned about the reliability of his info 

Nixon just blocks anyone who say he's wrong.

Well if Mackworth guessed the two deals and the timing he can do my lottery nos from now on.

Shame he has gone, as imo his posts have contributed more to this forum than some than are doubting him ;-)

As for what Thorne is worth.

We've seen him play, we know what he adds and he damn sure worth more to us than Davis and Earnshaw.

Breaking our transfer record for Thorne wouldn't be a bad thing. If he carries on as good as he looked then his value will only go one way.

People only question the price tag of poor players. A ***** player is ***** even if he cost 50p

As for what Thorne is worth.

We've seen him play, we know what he adds and he damn sure worth more to us than Davis and Earnshaw.

Breaking our transfer record for Thorne wouldn't be a bad thing. If he carries on as good as he looked then his value will only go one way.

People only question the price tag of poor players. A ***** player is ***** even if he cost 50p

Off topic.

When we failed at Wembley, I presumed the chance of signing Thorne had gone. A Premier League player on a long contract where his club's stated intention was purely to build up his fitness. And given we've not spent big on anyone for donkey's years. And it seemed big money would be needed. That was part of the huge playoff disappointment, that the club had the opportunity to go to a whole other level, but just failed to take it.

I thought it was a mistake by the (obviously great) Sam Rush to state Thorne was our number one transfer target, as that just raises expectation levels and backs the club into the corner. But it looks as if the owners are finally putting up. Perhaps, Appleby's so desperate for those 1D tickets he's finally given in and stumped up shedloads for a transfer kitty?

But Rush's confidence makes me think the club believes hugely in Thorne's talent, borne out by his whoScored stats: http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20 Comfortably our best player in a very good team. And it's a lot less of a risk given he gels with the squad. But it is a risk as he's done his AC ligament once already.

But in the end, it's not my money. I want my team to dine at the top table. I want us to have the best players we can. I don't get posters saying "I wouldn't pay more than

When we failed at Wembley, I presumed the chance of signing Thorne had gone. A Premier League player on a long contract where his club's stated intention was purely to build up his fitness. And given we've not spent big on anyone for donkey's years. And it seemed big money would be needed. That was part of the huge playoff disappointment, that the club had the opportunity to go to a whole other level, but just failed to take it.

I thought it was a mistake by the (obviously great) Sam Rush to state Thorne was our number one transfer target, as that just raises expectation levels and backs the club into the corner. But it looks as if the owners are finally putting up. Perhaps, Appleby's so desperate for those 1D tickets he's finally given in and stumped up shedloads for a transfer kitty?

But Rush's confidence makes me think the club believes hugely in Thorne's talent, borne out by his whoScored stats: http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20 Comfortably our best player in a very good team. And it's a lot less of a risk given he gels with the squad. But it is a risk as he's done his AC ligament once already.

But in the end, it's not my money. I want my team to dine at the top table. I want us to have the best players we can. I don't get posters saying "I wouldn't pay more than

I am very confident that there's a pleasant, yet buttery taste to Jura. And whilst a Cragganmore is worthy.and I've a fondness for Glendronach. A Lagavoulin 16 is the mutt's nuts :). Well unless you're on footballer's wages.

Archived