George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is funny though. Lots of variations on 'Our chairman is really hard so there'.

Its a bit like my dad's bigger than your dad. As I said before, the lady doeth protest too much. You are all on here squawking away because you know what is going to happen in the end. Otherwise you would just ignore us

Childish for giving a view on one of our players? Bit touchy aren't you

No, i couldn't give two cows tits to be honest.

I find it hilarious that people come on here claiming to be derby fans when clearly they ain't.

Like i said, childish.

Please show me where I claimed to be a derby fan?

You have no idea where my town is, ergo you have no idea if it is pants or not ( for your future reference it is pretty bloody awesome)

Well, that's eliminated West Bromwich and Nottingham for a start.

If WBA said "ok £3 million he's yours" what then?

Without question i'd pay that.

The bloke is a class above and in my opinion too good for this level.

We are all talking 8-10 million for Hughes. Well Thorne is not much older

I think Thorne is such an important signing if we can pull it off.

If we get him for £3 million or less, id consider that a steal. 

Well we got £3 million for the play offs. So id spend that no question.

For what he brings to the side, this would be our most important signing of the summer.

He really is a class above and makes the game look so simple, not to mention his range of passing.

That pass he did for Russell in the Huddersfield games was one of the best passes ive seen.

If it had come from messi or ronaldo, you wouldnt have heard the last of it on sky sports news.

Plus we have money to spend, I think that's quite clear.

If you were W Brett Wilson, Mel Morris or other board members with copious amounts of money and you watched last season and saw how close we were (most seasons we would have gone up automatically with the amount of points we had), you might be thinking "lets have a go, if we can just add a few top quality additions to the squad, we could really challenge for the top spots next season"

There is nothing for us to fear this season at all. If we spend right, get top quality players in then I can see us being a mainstay at the top of the division like Leicester and Cardiff in previous seasons.

Without question i'd pay that.

The bloke is a class above and in my opinion too good for this level.

We are all talking 8-10 million for Hughes. Well Thorne is not much older

I think Thorne is such an important signing if we can pull it off.

If we get him for £3 million or less, id consider that a steal.

Thorne not much older than Hughes? That's a similar age difference to Thorne and Russell. But I guess the question is how much can change in 833 days?

- On the 7th of October 2006 we were about 10th in the Championship after an indifferent start. 833 days later we were 20th place in the Championship, and a man named Nigel Clough had just taken over the club.

- 833 days before the playoff final this time around, we sat 13th having drawn 0-0 away to Millwall

- In 833 days time, it will be 833 days from now

Thorne not much older than Hughes? That's a similar age difference to Thorne and Russell. But I guess the question is how much can change in 833 days?

- On the 7th of October 2006 we were about 10th in the Championship after an indifferent start. 833 days later we were 20th place in the Championship, and a man named Nigel Clough had just taken over the club.

- 833 days before the playoff final this time around, we sat 13th having drawn 0-0 away to Millwall

- In 833 days time, it will be 833 days from now

"http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/301277/resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-cool-story-bro-tell-it-again-59f2a2" alt="resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generato">

So this media frenzy that WBA seem to have created has stemmed from a MOM performance at Wembley and nothing else. The guy obviously has ambition but i also think his attitude leaves a lot to be desired. On the face of it long term we have more potential than the the poorer relations from the West Midlands but it simply boils down to whether or not he wants week in, week out game time. If thats the case seems a no brainer that he'll be here by the weekend. That is unless QPR or Burnley offer him first team action.

If the boot was on the other foot i would have driven him to WBA and taken the cash.

Archived