The demise of Forest

ladyram

A) he's not our manager any more, so how is that relevant, whether we agree with you or not. Daveo sis still your manager, and he's still achieved the square root of **** all.

B) Nigel built the majority if this team, which, I think you'll find if you check the league, is mounting a decent challenge for promotion. We'll never know what might have happened if we kept him on, all we know is what is happening. And what is happening is, we're going up.

You don't have to win promotion or a trophy for something to be classed as an achievement. At least not in my opinion.

Far more of Nigel's signings were flops then successes. Had you kept him on then you would have finished in the top half with small possibility of finishing 6th. You did not look like promotion contenders in the opening weeks of the season did you? And you're only on course for a play-off finish nothing more at the moment.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fawaz speaking on FFP:

Maybe we will be well within the rules after all then?

It'll piss me right off if they get away with that. How many loop holes has this rule got. Clearly it's not 'fair play'. However, I don't think they will get away with it. Aren't their rules about the owner sponsoring his own club?

Fawaz speaking on FFP:

Maybe we will be well within the rules after all then?

We'll see.

I'm sure that you can't winknudge you're mate into sponsoring you're clubs floodlights for £100m so you can spend spend.

Personally I've never had any belief in FFP anyway. What's it gonna do? Stop you playing in Europe next season and ban you from transfer next January? Just spend big on one year contracts then?

You don't have to win promotion or a trophy for something to be classed as an achievement. At least not in my opinion.

Far more of Nigel's signings were flops then successes. Had you kept him on then you would have finished in the top half with small possibility of finishing 6th. You did not look like promotion contenders in the opening weeks of the season did you? And you're only on course for a play-off finish nothing more at the moment.

'Far more of Nigel's signings were flops than successes. Evidence? We've had this argument amongst ourselves a bit, and I think we've pretty much proved he had a generally positive effect on transfers. Anyway, point is, the team we have right now, less a couple of the loans, are all Clough's. You seem to be more anti-Clough than some of the anti-Clough brigade here. He's not actually a bad manager.

And when he left we had the best away record in the league and were top scorers, so it was there, just hadn't quite clicked yet. But who knows what might have happened, all we know is what is happening.

But the team that plays now only Wisdom, Bamford and Dawkins weren't his.

The passing game did come through under Nigel. Just a bit too here and there.

The ingredients were all here. That's why he was sacked. He didn't look like achieving what was expected of him with the team he created. It started to look like he'd done all he can. McClaren looks to have a higher limit

The players are pretty much the same. McClaren hasn't asked them to change their games drastically. He's just put more belief into them. Made subtle changes and it's made a massive difference.

It's not like we've had a huge shake up. Evolution not revolution.

Soooo many people want it to be Clough v McClaren even though players and manager have said that he's just made subtle changes to the focus of the team. Tightened a few screws, oiled us up and off we go!

Evolution.

What's it gonna do? Stop you playing in Europe next season?

They won't like that though. How are they supposed to get another gold star if they're not allowed to play.

FFP will be a joke IMO - a lot of noise but little to back it up. Probably what Forest are counting on.

Although, would it really surprise anyone if Fawaz hasn't got a clue how it's supposed to work?

Welcome to mcramfan

You can't get an opinion from him without it being totally biased due to his pure hatred of forest :)

I don't hate anyone especially ones that bite so easily......was it you who asked how much would it take for me to wear a forest shirt, if it was you haven't replied.

PS check out my profile pic and please carry on biting :)

Besides, Nigel signed Bucko. And even if every other one of his signings was a load of tosh, Bucko would make up for all of them.

Why does it matter you are above us? We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

Davies has kept us up when we looked likely to be relegated and taken us to two top 6 places and we are well on course for a third. Nigel Clough achieved nothing in 4 and a half years apart from keeping you as a mediocre side who never looked capable of putting together a promotion challenge.

What Nigel did was to get rid of a 25 million a year wage bill, stabilise the club and move it forward after its very guts had been ripped out by the divisiveness of Davies and the sheer incompetence of Jewell. We could so easily have done a Leeds, Portsmouth, Coventry, Leicester, Southampton or a (tee hee) Forest, but we didn't crash and burn.

The trouble is, it takes someone with a blinkered and unjustified sense of entitlement to judge creating stability out of chaos as failure.

In short, it takes a gump.

They won't like that though. How are they supposed to get another gold star if they're not allowed to play.

FFP will be a joke IMO - a lot of noise but little to back it up. Probably what Forest are counting on.

Although, would it really surprise anyone if Fawaz hasn't got a clue how it's supposed to work?

My guess is that Billy's disqualified lawyer cousin has told him all about it.

I don't hate anyone especially ones that bite so easily......was it you who asked how much would it take for me to wear a forest shirt, if it was you haven't replied.

PS check out my profile pic and please carry on biting :)

I'd like to know which sentence I wrote, which shown I was 'biting' lol

Far too laid back for that my good friend ;)

Archived