The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41061&page=7

Great thread from LTLF - "The Official COME ON Brighton" thread. 

Apparently, a lot of them now "Don't care" whether we go up or not.  :lol:

Also, gotta love this one;

Erm, because they beat you. At home.  :lol: 

To be fair, Brighton are a very ordinary side. Someone summed up the race for 6th place quite aptly by saying it was like pass the parcel and Brighton just happened to be there when the music stopped!

Beating a lacklustre side like ourselves did not prove much.

To be fair, Brighton are a very ordinary side. Someone summed up the race for 6th place quite aptly by saying it was like pass the parcel and Brighton just happened to be there when the music stopped!

Beating a lacklustre side like ourselves did not prove much.

Brighton are exactly the kind of side that we should beat all day long - they have a slow, methodical approach to games. They're not overly blessed up front, and they're fairly static at the back. With the pace and passing in our game, they're a side that are ripe for a carving, which is pretty much how it panned out in the end. 

The biggest challenge was the wind and rain, but being big boys, we know how to deal with that..... ;)

This is a corker from LTLF;

The two teams I saw in the Wigan QPR game were of a higher standard than what I saw from the other two teams.

Really - I've just watched the post-match footage/analysis on Sky - Uwe Rosler was the studio guest - he looked positively traumatised by what he'd just seen.  :lol:

Really - I've just watched the post-match footage/analysis on Sky - Uwe Rosler was the studio guest - he looked positively traumatised by what he'd just seen.  :lol:

You would have thought he'd have been spending time preparing Wigan for tomorrow instead of puditing!

Really - I've just watched the post-match footage/analysis on Sky - Uwe Rosler was the studio guest - he looked positively traumatised by what he'd just seen. :lol:

That poster is obviously allowing his sheer hatred for us cloud his judgement. The four Forest lads I've spoken to since Friday have all said if we got to Wembley we would thrash either of them...

You would have thought he'd have been spending time preparing Wigan for tomorrow instead of puditing!

True - apparently the Wigan team are already down there, but he's off doing his telly bit. Strange. They probably wanted Harry as well, not like he'd turn down £££, but perhaps they didn't want the hassle of having to put out a pre-watershed warning so as not to scare the kiddies too much with his melting-face-look.

That poster is obviously allowing his sheer hatred for us cloud his judgement. The four Forest lads I've spoken to since Friday have all said if we got to Wembley we would thrash either of them...

Well he's biased, and that's fair enough, so am I, but from where I was sitting, watching that game, they were both absolutely fooking awful, and I haven't found anyone yet who'd disagree. 

Still, he's been watching Forest all season, I'm not sure we should take his views on what constitutes a good football side too seriously anyway...... :lol:

Head and shoulders above the rest of the teams in the play offs and this shud see you through comfortably. Ridiculous amount of time that you have to wait now to play the final as well.

Nah. We've won one and lost one against both QPR and Wigan. Whoever we play it'll be tight. They'll clearly be favourites as they have the squad size, options, budget and Prem level experience. 50:50 you'll still have to take another battering or two off us next season.

Squad size won't come into it - fortunately. Hopefully we'll travel to Wembley with no injuries, bar the obvious, and go at them. 

Forest fans, for the most part, have shown great humility admitting the obvious. 

I think they'd need to win the Champions League, again, before I give them any credit.  :ph34r:

Squad size won't come into it - fortunately. Hopefully we'll travel to Wembley with no injuries, bar the obvious, and go at them.

Forest fans, for the most part, have shown great humility admitting the obvious.

I think they'd need to win the Champions League, again, before I give them any credit. :ph34r:

Your quite right, squad size as absolutely nothing to do with a one off final. Bad news for QPR and Wigan your looking even better now than at any point in the season.

Your in form and I just hope Wigan get through so it ll be a great final. I think if QPR play you they kill the game and try and nick it

Your quite right, squad size as absolutely nothing to do with a one off final. Bad news for QPR and Wigan your looking even better now than at any point in the season.

Your in form and I just hope Wigan get through so it ll be a great final. I think if QPR play you they kill the game and try and nick it

In fairness, in the last two games against QPR and Wigan they've both tried to kill the game. I am expecting both sides to adopt that style. 

Well kill the game may be a bit harsh, what I mean is play reactive football rather than proactive. 

I'm not too fussed with either. Although, we have done better against Wigan this season. 

That same poster is now just making up stats to make us look bad  :lol:

Even we have a better record than Derby against top half teams this season.

I think they'd need to win the Champions League, again, before I give them any credit.  :ph34r:

Some Forest fans on Vital have gone up in my estimation today. That thread I posted a couple of weeks ago containing their (selected) comments after the appointment of Steve McClaren seems now to have been accepted as 'fair comment'.

That same poster is now just making up stats to make us look bad  :lol:

Even we have a better record than Derby against top half teams this season.

I saw that. I'm pretty sure our record under McLaren in the league is something like.

Leicester - L

Burnley - L

Brighton - W 

QPR - L W

Wigan - W L

Reading - D

Forest - W

Blackburn - D

Ipswich - L

Bournemouth W W

Middlesbrough - W L

I make that W7 D2 L6

23 points in 15 games over a 46 game season is 70.5 points. So basically against top half teams over a season we would have finished in or just outside the playoffs and ahead of Forest anyway.

That's not to mention just beating Brighton twice again...

That guy is on crack.

Archived