The demise of Forest

ladyram

One of the worst things McClaren did was bring in highly paid players which really put the backs up of other players who were already at the club.

Miller on 18k a week is laughable really.

I think the recommendations came from Steve and renumeration for players was by a 'special' board and player agents knew they could fleece them.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Forest have a'Transfer Acquisitions Panel' - or did Doughty get rid of them before McClaren arrived? I genuinely can't care less remember.

They've just given a 5 year contract to Osborne. A kid no one had heard of (not even through England youth caps) until 4 weeks ago.

Nailed-on international, will lead them to their third star. Best player in the Championship - ever. Already worth £50 million.

I watched a bit of the game against Bournemouth, Osborn didn't look bad. He reminded me of a poor mans Alex Mowatt. 

I guess none of you will get that reference, so I will say a really poor mans Jeff Hendrick type. 

I watched a bit of the game against Bournemouth, Osborn didn't look bad. He reminded me of a poor mans Alex Mowatt.

I guess none of you will get that reference, so I will say a really poor mans Jeff Hendrick type.

Thought Mowatt looked more like a Hughes type when we played Leeds (it's the only time I have seen him play though)

He's a decent player that has shown a lot more heart and desire that some of the 'established superstars' we have.

Will be a great player or an average one? Far too early to say

Been a while any of your players have shown that.  If he was any good Chelski would have bought him and loaned him out to a well managed footballing club....

He's a decent player that has shown a lot more heart and desire that some of the 'established superstars' we have.

Will be a great player or an average one? Far too early to say

I don't buy into superlatives either - the same could be almost said about Hughes, although I think he's above average already - in his case 'good' or 'great' are the two likely outcomes, but players do level off or even crash and burn. A level head is required. If he's not as good as he thinks he is (and that goes for anyone), the only way is down.

The last 'great' player at Derby or Forest , in my opinion, was Colin Todd or perhaps Peter Shilton. Others might disagree.

To say that forest and derby haven't had great player since then I believe is incorrect.

What you and I might call a great player may well be different.

Archived