The demise of Forest

ladyram

According to a ahem,   a well respected Sunday paper the dogs face a £9m winding -up petition on the 12th May .They do seem to sail close to the wind with  [not]paying the bills.As much as Billy was a dick there are still a few problems down at the council tip.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not strictly Forest related but as we are often accused of delusions of grandeur I thought I would post this gem from Gary Megson:

But however you feel about Wednesday, it is a huge club. Beating West Ham wasn't giant-killing, I don't think Sheffield Wednesday will ever play a game where you can say it's a giant-killing. If we play Manchester City or Manchester United, we are still Sheffield Wednesday and not too long ago we played those games twice a year.

What a deluded fool.

Not strictly Forest related but as we are often accused of delusions of grandeur I thought I would post this gem from Gary Megson:

What a deluded fool.

Do you think he's talking about when Man City were in the lower leagues not too long ago?

I can't seen to remember them drawing Man United in both cups in one year though, they must have organised a few friendlies or something.

Talk about living in the past. I honestly can't remember when Wednesday have ever been anything but mediocre. Even in the Prem they were lower mid-table at the best. I'd even call United a bigger club.

The only reason Wednesday are even famous is for having a stupid name, and for hosting one of footballs greatest disasters (after Derby 5 - 0 Forest (if you're a Forest fan of course)).

Do you think he's talking about when Man City were in the lower leagues not too long ago?

I can't seen to remember them drawing Man United in both cups in one year though, they must have organised a few friendlies or something.

Talk about living in the past. I honestly can't remember when Wednesday have ever been anything but mediocre. Even in the Prem they were lower mid-table at the best. I'd even call United a bigger club.

The only reason Wednesday are even famous is for having a stupid name, and for hosting one of footballs greatest disasters (after Derby 5 - 0 Forest (if you're a Forest fan of course)).

They had a decent spell in the very early years of the Premier League when they made both cup finals in one season and did have some quality players like Walker, Hirst and Waddle. But since then they were largely a mediocre Premier League side and since dropping out in 2000 have never even made the play-offs in the Championship and have been relegated twice as well.

I would not say United are a bigger club as they do not have the support they have, no real history and a much smaller stadium.

Going by Megson's logic had we beaten Chelsea in the FA Cup in 2007 that would not have been a giant killing because we had won the European Cup twice as opposed to their zero at the time!

This forest nightmare was long predicted, you can not have a fan, who is rich, buy a club and not have a scooby about how to run a football club.

1st thing he did wrong was bow down to fan pressure, and brought back Billy Davies and that has caused error after error after error.

Any body running a business and wants to bring in someone in a vital role would not bring in someone that had been out of the game for such a long time.

1st thing he did wrong was bow down to fan pressure, and brought back Billy Davies

No, that's about the 6th thing he did wrong, behind sacking O"Driscoll, taking of iconic managers and getting McLeish, the George Boyd fiasco, late payments, the nature of the sackings previous club employees (even before Billys wrecking ball) and I'm sure there were others.

Those have all been scrubbed out and put down to naivety though, funnily enough they now acknowledge the need for the very same English football knowledge that they would have had had they not got rid of Frank Clarke and their solution to that is McGovern.

PistoldPete2

No, that's about the 6th thing he did wrong, behind sacking O"Driscoll, taking of iconic managers and getting McLeish, the George Boyd fiasco, late payments, the nature of the sackings previous club employees (even before Billys wrecking ball) and I'm sure there were others.

Those have all been scrubbed out and put down to naivety though, funnily enough they now acknowledge the need for the very same English football knowledge that they would have had had they not got rid of Frank Clarke and their solution to that is McGovern.

When was John McGovern last involved in English football? Maybe Pearce knows a bit more , but when did he last manage an English club?

Amazing to watch this - how things have changed. About 3 minutes in Kevin Wilson kicks Steve Sutton in the face and play just continues with Sutton having a sleep in the middle of the penalty area.

That was some pitch you had at the Baseball Ground

The pitch was below street level so drainage was non existant , when BC was there he  watered the pitch regardless of the weather .A story went round that before one of our European ties he watered the pitch personally fell asleep and woke up to a quagmire . Later at the match the minister of sport at the time [name escapes me] mentioned the state of the pitch and remarked that there had been no rain locally ,to which BC replied well there was over the BBG.

Owe money to us now as well... whats going on? thought they were loaded?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county/10749761/Derby-County-make-official-complaint-to-Football-League-over-unpaid-85000-bill-from-rivals-Nottingham-Forest.html

Derby County make official complaint to Football League over unpaid £85,000 bill from rivals Nottingham Forest Two clubs are rowing over a payment related to ticket money from their meeting at the iPro Stadium last month

Archived