The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart Pearce bang average? I'd say well below average and Fawaz is going for that "Iconic" manager, doesn't seem to realise that whilst he was a cracking left back he's a duff manager 

I concur. His only good spells as a manager have been his initial caretaker spell in charge of Man City where he was unlucky not to take them into Europe and taking England's U21s to the final of the European Championships. The rest has been very mediocre.

He is someone who could possibly make a short term impact which is what we really need and in the short term there would be nothing to lose by giving him the job until the end of the season. I just cannot see him taking us up and I could just see us being in a similar or even worse position in 12 months time.

Forest fans have very mixed feelings about it.

Always difficult taking on a hero as manager.

It's worked for us once (Dave Mackay), half worked a couple of times (Roy McFarland) and been complete and terrible failures twice (Gregory, Todd).

I concur. His only good spells as a manager have been his initial caretaker spell in charge of Man City where he was unlucky not to take them into Europe and taking England's U21s to the final of the European Championships. The rest has been very mediocre.

He is someone who could possibly make a short term impact which is what we really need and in the short term there would be nothing to lose by giving him the job until the end of the season. I just cannot see him taking us up and I could just see us being in a similar or even worse position in 12 months time.

Forest fans have very mixed feelings about it.

It is ironic that O'Driscoll was sacked when you were a few places outside of the play offs. So Billy was brought in (via McLeish) because 'just outside the play offs' wasn't good enough. Now you're back in exactly the same place you were a year and a half ago, but £20m worse off, and with a reputation in tatters.

But the worst thing is, whereas back then you'd just beaten Leeds 4-2 and had a very decent chance of continuing a forward momentum under O'Driscoll, now you're basically ******. Whereas before you were certainties to be in around the play offs, being able to attract quality, proven managers, now you're left scraping the barrel. It will be very hard for you to get anyone in that you can be confident will get you in the play offs now or next season, let alone higher.

So you're not only in exactly the same position as you were in, you're in a helluva lot worse position. You've got to love this 3-5 year plan of Hasawi's.

Always difficult taking on a hero as manager.

It's worked for us once (Dave Mackay), half worked a couple of times (Roy McFarland) and been complete and terrible failures twice (Gregory, Todd).

Does Clough count by association? A hero is always appointed to get the fans on side, and instil a bit of patience, which was half the attraction of Clough to our owners. And it's why the Hasawi's ended up going back to Billy.

Collymore it is then.

It is ironic that O'Driscoll was sacked when you were a few places outside of the play offs. So Billy was brought in (via McLeish) because 'just outside the play offs' wasn't good enough. Now you're back in exactly the same place you were a year and a half ago, but £20m worse off, and with a reputation in tatters.

But the worst thing is, whereas back then you'd just beaten Leeds 4-2 and had a very decent chance of continuing a forward momentum under O'Driscoll, now you're basically ******. Whereas before you were certainties to be in around the play offs, being able to attract quality, proven managers, now you're left scraping the barrel. It will be very hard for you to get anyone in that you can be confident will get you in the play offs now or next season, let alone higher.

So you're not only in exactly the same position as you were in, you're in a helluva lot worse position. You've got to love this 3-5 year plan of Hasawi's.

O'Driscoll was doing a good job, considering he had been brought in with less than a month before the start of the season and had to throw together a squad very quickly with very good backing. What did they really expect? Probably to be in the top two but it was not going to happen. I think we would have made the play-offs last season had we stuck with him and backed him sensibly in January. It was an outrageous decision and we have paid a steep price.

The problem is with our record of going through managers so quickly and the interference claims then we have made it very difficult for ourselves. You would either have to be supremely confident or very desperate.

Does Clough count by association? A hero is always appointed to get the fans on side, and instil a bit of patience, which was half the attraction of Clough to our owners. And it's why the Hasawi's ended up going back to Billy.

Collymore it is then.

Emotionally it worked only because of who his father was, but he was not a hero. He scored against us, not for us.

O'Driscoll was doing a good job, considering he had been brought in with less than a month before the start of the season and had to throw together a squad very quickly with very good backing. What did they really expect? Probably to be in the top two but it was not going to happen. I think we would have made the play-offs last season had we stuck with him and backed him sensibly in January. It was an outrageous decision and we have paid a steep price.

The problem is with our record of going through managers so quickly and the interference claims then we have made it very difficult for ourselves. You would either have to be supremely confident or very desperate.

Something I wondered about earlier today.

Derby have just published their accounts, and basically all debt to GSE has now been converted to equity.

Forest published their accounts a few weeks ago, and basically all debt to Fawaz is just that - debt to Fawaz, yet it was reported that a huge amount of the debt to the Doughty estate has been converted to shares, presumably as terms of the takeover.

Perhaps the bottomless pit isn't so bottomless after all, and that Forest's chairman will be wanting his money back sooner rather than later, hence the haste in striving for promotion.

Something I wondered about earlier today.

Derby have just published their accounts, and basically all debt to GSE has now been converted to equity.

Forest published their accounts a few weeks ago, and basically all debt to Fawaz is just that - debt to Fawaz, yet it was reported that a huge amount of the debt to the Doughty estate has been converted to shares, presumably as terms of the takeover.

Perhaps the bottomless pit isn't so bottomless after all, and that Forest's chairman will be wanting his money back sooner rather than later, hence the haste in striving for promotion.

Who knows. Nigel Doughty never wrote the debt off either or converted it to equity and in fact charged interest on it! Fawaz's is interest free.

The only way he will get it back is through promotion.

Fawas has promised a third star - sadly, they're getting it by being sponsored by McDonalds next year, all players have to wear name badges and they get stars for every goal. They're currently looking into whether or not they'll be able to fit six stars on the badges.....

Still, Porky Fat Trotters is happy, he's deferring wages in lieu of Big Macs.

Fawas has promised a third star - sadly, they're getting it by being sponsored by McDonalds next year, all players have to wear name badges and they get stars for every goal. They're currently looking into whether or not they'll be able to fit six stars on the badges.....

Still, Porky Fat Trotters is happy, he's deferring wages in lieu of Big Macs.

Andy Reid really is not fat. He is certainly no worse than Commons for weight issues.

Archived