The demise of Forest

ladyram

In all fairness he saved the club from relegation and then took us to two play-off semi finals. With a little bit of luck we could have beaten Swansea (hitting the woodwork three times in the 2nd leg) and gone up.

On the pitch he has been very good for us up until recently. The previous reign was him against the previous owner and board who were very unpopular with a large number of fans who sided with Davies.

Had we pulled off a victory yesterday, no doubt he would have been straight over to the away end to lap it up.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness he saved the club from relegation and then took us to two play-off semi finals. With a little bit of luck we could have beaten Swansea (hitting the woodwork three times in the 2nd leg) and gone up.

On the pitch he has been very good for us up until recently. The previous reign was him against the previous owner and board who were very unpopular with a large number of fans who sided with Davies.

Had we pulled off a victory yesterday, no doubt he would have been straight over to the away end to lap it up.

Davies can be a good (not great) manager at this level but his ego, antics, rantings and ability to alienate his bosses and teams' supporters alike are always his undoing. This (poor excuse for a) man is a bloody embarrassment.

He is quick to blame anything and everyone but himself if things don't go as he'd hope.

In recent weeks, from what I've heard, he's disrespected the Forest fans; as a manager if you alienate the club's supporters to the extent he apparently has you are skating on very thin ice.

I can personally see this ending only one way, with an acrimonious separation from which Forest will probably require a fair degree of restructuring.

I do actually have some level of sympathy for the Forest faithful who are clearly embarrassed by this idiot's antics.

Don't do it Knowle, no good will come from it. He'll either take one look and bin it, or, like you said, have you banned from the ground. That shouldn't happen obviously, but the fella's an absolute fruitcake, I wouldn't put anything past him.

I'm sure that all of this, somehow, is anyone's fault but his own - Chairman, fans, press, the gods....

He has a mental weakness at this end of the season, which inevitably, due to how he runs the club, transfers to the players - how many times do his teams fall apart at this end of the season? Even when we went up we went from top to third thanks to a downturn in form. 

Under him, you'll never go down, but that's as far as it goes - if you're serious about ever wanting to go up then you need to get rid of him, and sooner rather than later, because who ever comes in afterwards will have a lot of work to do. I suspect that after yesterday in particular, but also the last month, that's exactly what Fridgey's thinking anyway.

At the en of the day, during the time that you have had Billy (on and off) and we had Nigel, have you actually achieved anything more than we have.

Yes, you've got into the play offs, but if you don't win them, you might as well be finishing 21st.

Like with us, if you want to go up to the next level, you need a next level manager. Doughty knew that, and you tried a few tried and tested next level managers, but it didn't work out. **** happens. So in a panic to get the fans back on side, Fawaz went with what he knew would please the fans.

But you must know that Billy has found his limit. You need better if you want to go higher.

Our owners made that sensible decision, despite Nigel being a thoroughly nice bloke. Billy is a cock, so if your owners have any sense, he's ******, and I doubt he'll ever manage again. I think he's been found out.

If you're sensible, you'll give the next guy time and patience. Steve has proven himself, I think, so his disaster at Forest couldn't have been all him. It's got a lot to do with trying to rebuild after Billy. You must be gutted now that if you showed a little more patience with him, you could be where we are now.

I only hope you're not sensible, an we see another season if 4 managers next a season, before inevitably crawling back to Billy.

Davies can be a good (not great) manager at this level but his ego, antics, rantings and ability to alienate his bosses and teams' supporters alike are always his undoing. This (poor excuse for a) man is a bloody embarrassment.

He is quick to blame anything and everyone but himself if things don't go as he'd hope.

In recent weeks, from what I've heard, he's disrespected the Forest fans; as a manager if you alienate the club's supporters to the extent he apparently has you are skating on very thin ice.

I can personally see this ending only one way, with an acrimonious separation from which Forest will probably require a fair degree of restructuring.

I do actually have some level of sympathy for the Forest faithful who are clearly embarrassed by this idiot's antics.

Agree 100%.

With his track record he should have been able to walk into a job after leaving Forest but he was out of work for 20 months which tells its own tale.

I find it hard to see him managing a club of Forest's stature again after all of his antics this season.

At the en of the day, during the time that you have had Billy (on and off) and we had Nigel, have you actually achieved anything more than we have.

Yes, you've got into the play offs, but if you don't win them, you might as well be finishing 21st.

Like with us, if you want to go up to the next level, you need a next level manager. Doughty knew that, and you tried a few tried and tested next level managers, but it didn't work out. **** happens. So in a panic to get the fans back on side, Fawaz went with what he knew would please the fans.

But you must know that Billy has found his limit. You need better if you want to go higher.

Our owners made that sensible decision, despite Nigel being a thoroughly nice bloke. Billy is a cock, so if your owners have any sense, he's ******, and I doubt he'll ever manage again. I think he's been found out.

If you're sensible, you'll give the next guy time and patience. Steve has proven himself, I think, so his disaster at Forest couldn't have been all him. It's got a lot to do with trying to rebuild after Billy. You must be gutted now that if you showed a little more patience with him, you could be where we are now.

I only hope you're not sensible, an we see another season if 4 managers next a season, before inevitably crawling back to Billy.

A good post and an interesting point about the play-offs. The seasons are generally exciting and enjoyable for the supporters but you are right it means nothing and we have all seen teams slump and end up struggling the next season.

Fawaz never really wanted Davies or he would have appointed him straight away when he took over instead of O'Driscoll. After the McLeish debacle the fans thought they were a joke so they simply gave them what many wanted (including myself).

Davies needs to go and now. I think this season is a write off and we can start to plan for next season and who can take the club forward.

McClaren may have done a good job in the long run but he walked out on us and he even said himself that he made a lot of mistakes.

Agree 100%.

With his track record he should have been able to walk into a job after leaving Forest but he was out of work for 20 months which tells its own tale.

I find it hard to see him managing a club of Forest's stature again after all of his antics this season.

What do you think will be Forest's (Fawaz's) next move?

Will he give Davies a little more time; will they wait for the result of the appeal hearing and if Davies loses this sack him for gross misconduct; will Davies just be going very soon?

Personally I don't think Davies has the moral integrity to just walk.

What do you think will be Forest's (Fawaz's) next move?

Will he give Davies a little more time; will they wait for the result of the appeal hearing and if Davies loses this sack him for gross misconduct; will Davies just be going very soon?

Personally I don't think Davies has the moral integrity to just walk.

If Davies loses the appeal and that would be grounds for sacking him with no pay off then Fawaz would be mad not to jump at it. I'm not convinced that is the case though.

Davies will never walk and instead would do anything to engineer his own sacking and hope to be paid off.

I am 99% certain Davies will not be in charge next season.

McClaren seems to have learned from his acknowledged mistakes. It would seem that Billy neither admits nor learns.

Let's face it we're all just jealous of Billy. How many times have you flicked through the job pages and seem something 50-60k a year, read the job description and thought I could so that if you didn't need qualifications? Billy's been conning chairmen into thinking he can bring Premiership success and been paid vast amounts of money for it for years. Prem chairmen are a little bit more savvy which is why do hasn't come within 1000 miles of a job in that division.

Archived