The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't he born injured? Just to miraculously get fit and score against us every season.

He seems to be made of glass. A complete waste of £1.2m as well as horrendous wages.

Handing a 3 year £18k a week contract to a 24 year old striker who had scored 15 league career goals to date. It just beggars belief and has panic signing written all over it.

He seems to be made of glass. A complete waste of £1.2m as well as horrendous wages.

Handing a 3 year £18k a week contract to a 24 year old striker who had scored 15 league career goals to date. It just beggars belief and has panic signing written all over it.

what idiot signed him?

Someone who spent £13m in one season on Massimo Maccarone, Malcolm Christie and Chris Riggott as well.

But that's because he's always been Derby at heart, even when managing you, even when managing Boro. He bought two of those for us, and was just getting us as good a price a possible.

Nice one Agent Steve.

I wonder how many of you said so at the time.

Genuinely all I read from your fans at the time was how much these signings were going to win you the league, how Greening and Boateng's european and premiere league experience would be invaluable, how Derbyshire (champions league experience y'know) was ironically going to elevate you so far above Derby with our non league manager and lower league signings, etc..,

We'd have walked second position with a full strength squad IMO

IMO you should still be above us, your 'spine' that you claim you have lost from your team underachieved

I like how at the start of the season teams were compared and I believe your team (according to your lot) was around 3m more than ours.

And now due to injuries and an impending game vs us round the corner our second team now should be good enough to clinch second spot.

#Derbylogic

See below

What ?

See kids, drugs don't work

Stop taking them, because your logic/arguements/banter are shockingly poor recently.

I wonder how many of you said so at the time.

Genuinely all I read from your fans at the time was how much these signings were going to win you the league, how Greening and Boateng's european and premiere league experience would be invaluable, how Derbyshire (champions league experience y'know) was ironically going to elevate you so far above Derby with our non league manager and lower league signings, etc..,

Greening has been very disappointing, but on paper he looked a good signing and everyone could remember him having a fantastic game for West Brom and being the difference between the two sides when they won 1-0.

Derbyshire had a decent pedigree and I thought he would be a good signing.

Boateng was just too old even though he was not that bad generally from my recollection in the few times he played for us.

Miller was never going to score our goal scoring problems. He did look decent enough though in his first few games, quick, powerful and an eye for goal and I thought he was a good buy after being skeptical.

But that's because he's always been Derby at heart, even when managing you, even when managing Boro. He bought two of those for us, and was just getting us as good a price a possible.

Nice one Agent Steve.

Didn't you have offers of around £6m for Christie in the summer you were relegated but held on hoping to go straight back up?

Didn't you have offers of around £6m for Christie in the summer you were relegated but held on hoping to go straight back up?

I don't ******* know mate. It was ages ago, I've fell asleep since then.

You're knowledge of our transfer offers from years gone by would be impressive if you were a derby fan. But you're a Forest fan so wtf.

Greening has been very disappointing, but on paper he looked a good signing and everyone could remember him having a fantastic game for West Brom and being the difference between the two sides when they won 1-0.

Derbyshire had a decent pedigree and I thought he would be a good signing.

Boateng was just too old even though he was not that bad generally from my recollection in the few times he played for us.

Miller was never going to score our goal scoring problems. He did look decent enough though in his first few games, quick, powerful and an eye for goal and I thought he was a good buy after being skeptical.

Thanks. Likewise really, I thought they were good signings. Not 'they're going to win the league' signings, but  good enough.

When you appointed McClaren I did think I'd quite like him here, on balance. Once he'd left you that balance had slipped somewhat towards the 'not right now, thanks, I'll stick with what we have' end of the spectrum!

I doubt from your posts here that you were one of those doing the boasting anyway, but I do think it's somewhat unfair though to keep on brining up McClaren's Forest signings in a manner which suggests they were considered bad at the time!

Someone who spent £13m in one season on Massimo Maccarone, Malcolm Christie and Chris Riggott as well.

Someone who bought 

Nemeth- Free

Mendieta- Free

Boateng- 5m

Reizieger- Free

Viduka 4.5m

Zenden- Free

Hasselbaink- Free

Some quality players there. See anyone can cherry pick signings to prove a point.

Here's another one- Claude Davies- 3.5m- one of the worst signings in Derby history. That show what an abysmal money waster King Billy is.  

Thanks. Likewise really, I thought they were good signings. Not 'they're going to win the league' signings, but  good enough.

When you appointed McClaren I did think I'd quite like him here, on balance. Once he'd left you that balance had slipped somewhat towards the 'not right now, thanks, I'll stick with what we have' end of the spectrum!

I doubt from your posts here that you were one of those doing the boasting anyway, but I do think it's somewhat unfair though to keep on brining up McClaren's Forest signings in a manner which suggests they were considered bad at the time!

We did have a young squad so its understandable why he was trying to address the balance as well.

Our recovery from being a League One side to Championship promotion contenders had largely been built on buying young and talented players with some experienced signings when we abandoned this strategy things went to hell

Someone who bought 

Nemeth- Free

Mendieta- Free

Boateng- 5m

Reizieger- Free

Viduka 4.5m

Zenden- Free

Hasselbaink- Free

Some quality players there. See anyone can cherry pick signings to prove a point.

Here's another one- Claude Davies- 3.5m- one of the worst signings in Derby history. That show what an abysmal money waster King Billy is.  

Fair enough.

I don't ******* know mate. It was ages ago, I've fell asleep since then.

You're knowledge of our transfer offers from years gone by would be impressive if you were a derby fan. But you're a Forest fan so wtf.

I just remember Darren Fletcher stating something like that on his old phone in show on Century. I may have got it completely wrong.

Archived