The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest we were THAT bad at times under him you may be onto something.

How did he keep his cover when he signed Ishmael Miller on reported 18k a week wages!

Thought you had a transfer panel at that point? Or did you get rid of that when you got rid of Davros?

How did he keep his cover when he signed Ishmael Miller on reported 18k a week wages!

To be fair to ISH.. hasn't he nearly outscored all your strikers? :lol:

well, two less than Henderson and three less than Cox... Oh, he has played 12 games less than them both though. :D

Not to mention he signed the guy fronting your promotion push, lets not forget that :)

I was jealous when you signed Miller. Strong, quick and tall. Supposedly a bright future.

He's a lazy donkey though ain't he?

Signing players is my biggest worry about McClaren. So far, so good.

Thought you had a transfer panel at that point? Or did you get rid of that when you got rid of Davros?

I have no idea, Doughty denied there ever was a panel and it was just an informal process which would have happened at the majority of clubs! Davies always claimed he was just there to "advise and recommend" time and time to the panel and it was nothing to do with him.

To be honest any business would thoroughly appraise such cash investments so if it did exist it probably served a good purpose and we signed some very good players at reasonable prices.

When Doughty went there was no money so no need for a panel.

I was jealous when you signed Miller. Strong, quick and tall. Supposedly a bright future.

He looked alright at first but he was never going to be the answer to our goalscoring problems.

With the right attitude he would be a very useful player at this level. He is probably more talented than players like Tudgay or Mackie who have done far better.

I have no idea, Doughty denied there ever was a panel and it was just an informal process which would have happened at the majority of clubs! Davies always claimed he was just there to "advise and recommend" time and time to the panel and it was nothing to do with him.

To be honest any business would thoroughly appraise such cash investments so if it did exist it probably served a good purpose and we signed some very good players at reasonable prices.

When Doughty went there was no money so no need for a panel.

So who was making the decisions at the time of Macca's 'indulgencies'? They were bad moves, but surely given previous experience they weren't just left to the Manager were they?

So who was making the decisions at the time of Macca's 'indulgencies'? They were bad moves, but surely given previous experience they weren't just left to the Manager were they?

I have no idea, I wouldn't trust anything Davies and Doughty said as both would blame everyone but themselves for their own mistakes and failings. Miller was a panic buy I think when the season had started off so badly.

The problem with McClaren at Forest was both he and Doughty rushed it. McClaren did because he was so eager to bounce back from the disappointment of Villa not interviewing him. Doughty just saw him as a top class manager and was desperate to get rid of Davies so thought it would automatically be a success. I don't think either agreed on a strategy to take the club forward and within weeks they were on complete different pages. McClaren wanted a lot of money to strengthen throughout the side and Doughty was not willing or able to provide it. He made other mistakes and the whole thing was just a disaster which could have easily been avoided.

Mac's only signed Dawkins so far. I think there's a decent player in there who will continue to improve.

I'm convinced that Mac and Derby are perfect for each other. We have a board committed to meeting the FFP rules and a manager who is a brilliant coach, got loads of contacts but is probably not the best when money is no object.

Mac seems happy and relaxed here, getting a squad with a bottom half wage budget very close to automatic promotion has given him his belief and mojo back. The way he has worked with Clough's team and won the players over, taking them to a new level, is a phenomenal piece of man-management. 

Even if we don't go up this season i think we'll continue to improve with Mac, Simmo and Eric running the show alongside what is beginning to look more and more like a sensible, well intentioned, in for the long term, ownership.

I feel a little bit grubby praising GSE but they are proving, slowly, that they really want a success story to either sell on, or run with in the Prem, without building up huge debts.

I genuinely believe we are better ran, better managed and more sustainable going forward than forest are for the foreseeable future.

Seen the highlights. Leicester first goal kamikaze goalkeeping. Strange really because I actually rate Darlow, but people make mistakes. Good header for Forests equalizer. Penalty stonewall but not a red. Sending off, I can see why he gave a straight red to be honest. Leicester penalty may say it's soft but 99/100 that would be a foul anywhere on pitch. Harding got caught wrong side from throw in and blame lies entirely on him for that I'm afraid. That's all from my untrained eye.

Don't really know where Davies can blame the referee for any of the major decisions. Seems to be covering up his own failings ( where have I heard that before? ) just an unbiased view of what I saw. Feel free my Forest friends to rip my views apart ;)

Davros:

“The luckiest player in the City Ground was Wes Morgan, it was a blatant goalscoring opportunity,” said Davies. “He was very fortunate to remain on the pitch".

“I had an exchange of words with the referee and asked him why, to which he replied it was not a goal-scoring opportunity. The referee then sent me to the stands, he said I raised my voice. Leicester should not have had 10 men, they should have had nine.”

So Davros had a better view of the incident than the referee and obviously Davros is impartial and always right.

Archived