time to rest Martin (and put him on intensive fitness regime)?

Mostyn6

I hate this forum sometimes.

Before his goal Martin was hit and miss against a bottom of the table Championship side.

Still like him as he's a Rams player but he should be doing better

PS Most frustrating game I have ever seen we will not get promoted playing like that.

Eustace protect the back 4 please it's your job and do not let players walk past you as for the 1st Yeovil goal.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahahahahahaha, you nutter!! I want some of whatever you're on!

As for Martin, he did struggle last night, although he developed a real annoying habit of standing in front of the 'keeper when he was kicking the ball (out of his hands), then having to sprint back onside once the keeper hoofed it. I didn't really understand the theory of it, other than to avoid a footrace with a defender.

Had Martin not scored the winner, I can guarantee he'd be slagged off for his poor game last night, and i'd be defending him cos he's a quality player.

I only want him resting now, cos I want him to replicate his August-October form in March-May!

He doesn't need a rest, he needs all the exercise he can get!!!!

I reckon Mostyn should have a word with Chris Martin's bird Gwyneth Paltrow and tell her, to have a quiet word,

maybe get her to advise him that he cuts down on his pork scratching’s!!!

Whoever spotted him in Morrison’s, the other week on this forum, clearly failed miserably at taking

all his chips, crisps, beer, fags, ice cream, lard, willie wonka, and mars bars out of his trolley!!!!

Chris Martin was named the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian in 2005 by PETA.

But clearly he’s back on the bangers,but hey ho, he’s happy, we are happy, he can bang em in for Derby County

any day of the week and IMO I’d pick him to go shopping with at the very least.

Look at the mars bars,

Look how they shine for you,

And everything you do,

Yeah, they were all Chris Martins.

I came along,

I wrote a song for you,

And all the things you do,

And it was called "Chris Martin".

So then I took my turn,

Oh what a thing to have done,

And it was all Chris Martin.

Your skin,

Oh yeah your skin and bones,

Turn into

Something beautiful,

You know,

You know I love you so,

You know I love you so.

I swam across,

I jumped across for you,

Oh what a thing to do.

'Cause you were all Chris Martin,

I drew a line,

I drew a line for you,

Oh what a thing to do,

Your skin,

Turn into

Something beautiful,

And you know,

For you I'd bleed myself dry,

For you I'd bleed myself dry.

It's true,

Look how they shine for,

Look how they shine.

Look at the mars bars,

And all the things that you do.

Michael Jackson…..Tina Turner…..Michael Jackson…..Tina  Turner…..Super Fat Boy Martin.

C’mon curtains, open them curtains up fast, breathe the wonderful fresh air, smile at the world and

enjoy your winning Derby County Football Team, because it ain’t that great when you get a humping

and all the neighbours are glaring through your window giving you 1 out of 10 for effort!!!!!!

Up The Rams.

Right I’m off for a Mars Bar, who needs these fancy new chocolate bars with bubbles and stuff!!!!

In Chris Martin We Trust.

He doesn't need a rest, he needs all the exercise he can get!!!!

I reckon Mostyn should have a word with Chris Martin's bird Gwyneth Paltrow and tell her, to have a quiet word,

maybe get her to advise him that he cuts down on his pork scratching’s!!!

Whoever spotted him in Morrison’s, the other week on this forum, clearly failed miserably at taking

all his chips, crisps, beer, fags, ice cream, lard, willie wonka, and mars bars out of his trolley!!!!

Chris Martin was named the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian in 2005 by PETA.

But clearly he’s back on the bangers,but hey ho, he’s happy, we are happy, he can bang em in for Derby County

any day of the week and IMO I’d pick him to go shopping with at the very least.

Look at the mars bars,

And everything you do,

Yeah, they were all Chris Martins.

I came along,

I wrote a song for you,

And all the things you do,

And it was called "Chris Martin".

So then I took my turn,

Oh what a thing to have done,

Your skin,

Turn into

Something beautiful,

You know,

You know I love you so,

You know I love you so.

I swam across,

I jumped across for you,

Oh what a thing to do.

'Cause you were all Chris Martin,

I drew a line,

I drew a line for you,

Oh what a thing to do,

Your skin,

Turn into

Something beautiful,

And you know,

For you I'd bleed myself dry,

For you I'd bleed myself dry.

It's true,

Look how they shine for,

Look how they shine.

Look at the mars bars,

And all the things that you do.

Michael Jackson…..Tina Turner…..Michael Jackson…..Tina  Turner…..Super Fat Boy Martin.

C’mon curtains, open them curtains up fast, breathe the wonderful fresh air, smile at the world and

enjoy your winning Derby County Football Team, because it ain’t that great when you get a humping

and all the neighbours are glaring through your window giving you 1 out of 10 for effort!!!!!!

Up The Rams.

Right I’m off for a Mars Bar, who needs these fancy new chocolate bars with bubbles and stuff!!!!

In Chris Martin We Trust.

But you may not be so happy if Martin plays like that for the rest of the season or like he played against the Foxes when we got thumped. Bring back Nigel Clough I say lol

Before his goal Martin was hit and miss against a bottom of the table Championship side.

PS Most frustrating game I have ever seen we will not get promoted playing like that.

Eustace protect the back 4 please it's your job and do not let players walk past you as for the 1st Yeovil goal.

I think what has to be remembered here, that being a lone striker can be the most frustrating position in huge pitch but also the most rewarding. Martin had to battle for large parts of last night, I would have even taken him off when sammon came on as he looked knackered. But Martin pops up with the winner and we get three points. The key thing is to battle, you might not win every header or chase every other ball but cause problems and that's what Martin did last night. By no means, a perfect display but he grafted and deserved his goal.

This is something that people would pull Rob Hulse on, 'oh he's lazy and doesn't win every single header etc etc'. But he scored some very important goals because he battled. Martins the same, he gets pushed around, fouled and the like all game. As time goes in he might start to win a few more free kicks and tire out defenders, then pops up with the winner. Doesn't always work, but my hat goes off to him last night.

We've had three strikers in Hulse, Davies and Martin who are all quite similar. They have to do a very frustrating role, but they can reap the rewards of it. People expect so much when one player is covering large areas of the pitch to himself

Do you seriously expect us to win every home game without challenge? Its gonna be hard as hell EVERY game for us, no one's gonna lie down and die and allow us to knock the ball round like a practice match before scoring a 20 pass goal of the season four or five times a game.

We are in the play offs because the table dunna lie - we deserve to be there - but we have to work like mad every single game to maintain it - the other teams are just as desperate to win for their own reasons.

Don't be frustrated, be happy that the club is moving in the right direction and will be involved at the end of the season in a promotion battle....what more do you want or expect?

Do you seriously expect us to win every home game without challenge? Its gonna be hard as hell EVERY game for us, no one's gonna lie down and die and allow us to knock the ball round like a practice match before scoring a 20 pass goal of the season four or five times a game.

We are in the play offs because the table dunna lie - we deserve to be there - but we have to work like mad every single game to maintain it - the other teams are just as desperate to win for their own reasons.

Don't be frustrated, be happy that the club is moving in the right direction and will be involved at the end of the season in a promotion battle....what more do you want or expect?

Its quite ironic really that someone like myself who likes Super Mac cou

ld think of being critical of the team or team selection but last night 1st half it was all wrong for me . 2nd half was much better when Ward came on for Eustace and the middle of the park started to play. I like Martin but I also like other players even Eustace who I have praised a lot in the past and praised Clough for signing him. Super Mac is not immune from criticism and I don't think he was right to play the system he played 1st half ie with Bamford out on the right I believe he got that wrong.

I love Derby County and I love the euphoria at the moment but in the play offs it won't be easy and I'm not sure Eustace would manage it on his own with the holding role. I'm happy but there is room for improvement.

PS It's a team game and other players deserve a chance ie Whitbread,Keane . Sammon.Bailey etc. I just think Super Mac should use the squad more.

But you may not be so happy if Martin plays like that for the rest of the season or like he played against the Foxes when we got thumped. Bring back Nigel Clough I say lol

From some of your posts the last day or two I think you mean it lol.

Yeah Martin is useless. He never wins the ball when hoofed long, doesn't know how to hold the ball up, how to control it. He is terrible at bringing others into the game and never wins us free-kicks or penalties. On top of that the guy just doesn't score any goals....

Some people are unbelievable. 

Curtains,

I had to work mate so I've not seen how we played at all. The stats suggest that we were as dominant over them as anyone will be this season. Statistically I bet they haven't been outplayed more by QPR or Leicester?

Anyway, what I was gonna say is that I think if your coming back from 2-0 down at halftime and heading into the last 10 minutes at 2-1 and you win 3-2!! That is a sign of promotion. 2-2 would be an acceptable result. That's what most teams would want. But how many times have United or other top sides had the patience and attitude to not just come back for a draw but to go on and win the game?

Obviously we don't want to keep falling behind. That's not a sign of a top team.

But when we turn likely losses (and to a neutral with 10mins to go I assume a few thought Yeovil would escape with a point at the least) into not draws but victories! Well, that's not a regular occurrence when a team who's not full of confidence with it all to play for is involved.

I agree that we can't afford to switch off against better sides. It does and will happen though. To everyone. It's the teams that deal with these situations best that come top of the pile.

Curtains,

I had to work mate so I've not seen how we played at all. The stats suggest that we were as dominant over them as anyone will be this season. Statistically I bet they haven't been outplayed more by QPR or Leicester?

Anyway, what I was gonna say is that I think if your coming back from 2-0 down at halftime and heading into the last 10 minutes at 2-1 and you win 3-2!! That is a sign of promotion. 2-2 would be an acceptable result. That's what most teams would want. But how many times have United or other top sides had the patience and attitude to not just come back for a draw but to go on and win the game?

Obviously we don't want to keep falling behind. That's not a sign of a top team.

But when we turn likely losses (and to a neutral with 10mins to go I assume a few thought Yeovil would escape with a point at the least) into not draws but victories! Well, that's not a regular occurrence when a team who's not full of confidence with it all to play for is involved.

I agree that we can't afford to switch off against better sides. It does and will happen though. To everyone. It's the teams that deal with these situations best that come top of the pile.

We need to prepare for the play offs now as I'm not sure well make top 2 unless we beat QPR and they lose form plus the Foxes are out of sight already .That means IMO we need another holding midfielder as Eustace is struggling and Hendrick is not the player for that role although I really like the guy as a man and a footballer.

Here's hoping Thorne comes in.

Up the Rams.

PS. It really isn't good going 2 nil down to bottom teams and leaving yourself mountains to climb .

Ipswich was another one when we were 3 nil down.

As for Martin, he did struggle last night, although he developed a real annoying habit of standing in front of the 'keeper when he was kicking the ball (out of his hands), then having to sprint back onside once the keeper hoofed it. I didn't really understand the theory of it, other than to avoid a footrace with a defender.

This is to force the keeper to kick out of his hands rather than rolling it on the deck and wasting time. Plus kicking off the floor is likely to be a bit more accurate.

I assume that's the reason. Had we been in the lead you wouldn't see him doing it. Seems a bit pointless and a waste of energy to get back but i think it serves a purpose in that kind of situation.

On Martin in general I think he's critical to our success. So much relies on him controlling anything thrown at him and bringing others into play. Recently i feel we've tried to move the ball too quickly to him and he's been a tad isolated and hasn't won as many freekicks.

I felt he needed a rest but I think that goal will give him a new energy.

He looked like he's got what he needed at full time v Yeovil. All the players celebrated like we'd won the Play Off Semi finals but Martin and Bucko seemed to have really needed that.

I really think the Wigan and Leicester games were about tiredness. Brighton too. Chelsea felt like an occasion so I imagine you don't feel the legs so much when you're playing the occasion. Before Wigan the pace had dropped in a couple of games and we'd dropped a gear.

Christmas time is crazy with fixtures.

It's all coming back. For Martin he perhaps lost some enthusiasm as he'd not scored either. He'll bounce back now.

This is to force the keeper to kick out of his hands rather than rolling it on the deck and wasting time. Plus kicking off the floor is likely to be a bit more accurate.

I assume that's the reason. Had we been in the lead you wouldn't see him doing it. Seems a bit pointless and a waste of energy to get back but i think it serves a purpose in that kind of situation.

On Martin in general I think he's critical to our success. So much relies on him controlling anything thrown at him and bringing others into play. Recently i feel we've tried to move the ball too quickly to him and he's been a tad isolated and hasn't won as many freekicks.

I felt he needed a rest but I think that goal will give him a new energy.

Not just that but their strikers were winning every long ball. So I'd imagine he's trying to disrupt the accuracy of the hoof forward.

Archived