time to rest Martin (and put him on intensive fitness regime)?

Mostyn6

My post was more on the basis that you somehow would know the exact way you could improve the fitness of a player, based on absolutely nothing.

So you somehow think you know what I do or do not know about fitness coaching? Interesting.

Can I ask if you have seen my CV and qualifications?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd stick by Martin. I think he's tired. I think our football (due to everyone being tired) has been a bit clumsy and it's just been a tough period for everyone.

Pretty much every player has produced a poor performance in the last 5 games somewhere.

We've had debates on Ward, Dawkins, Hughes, Hendrick, Wisdom, Keane, Eustace and Buxton all in the last few games.

We'll get it back. These lads still play some of the better football in the entire league. They still keep within range of Houdini's dream team and ahead of Forest and Reading.

If Bamford forces Martin out then so be it but I hope Mac doesn't just experiment. The tiredness wears off as more time to rest is available instead of matches every 3 days (shame we've got Yeovil on Tuesday).

Martin could do with a goal or two dropping for him.

I'm sure you're not ignorant enough to believe that only football coaches understand (and are qualified) fitness!

No, but I think you will agree that football fitness is very different from, for example, marathon fitness.

No, but I think you will agree that football fitness is very different from, for example, marathon fitness.

You'd be surprised. Lung capacity and core stamina are relevent, but the lack of core strength training (bursts of pace) etc would effect a footballers fitness.

I'd suggest for fitness, 2 days with Usain Bolt's coach, and 2 days with Mo Farah's coach with rest periods in between would do Martin's joints, power, lungs, stamina and muscles the world of good.

So now it's Martin that needs resting/dropping. We seem to have targeted ward, Dawkins, Hughes and now Martin. You lot are ruthless if someone has a few average/poor games it's drop them. It seems to have got worse than previous seasons even though the side is playing better

So now it's Martin that needs resting/dropping. We seem to have targeted ward, Dawkins, Hughes and now Martin. You lot are ruthless if someone has a few average/poor games it's drop them. It seems to have got worse than previous seasons even though the side is playing better

what the hell are you on about? Who is targetting anyone? Martin is my favourite player in this team and will be for at least the rest of this season. But my opinion is that a) he's not performing his best, b) the team needs a new(ish) plan to surprise the opposition c) the rest of the squad could do with gaining match sharpness in case injuries do happen!

There's nothing worse than throwing a player in who hasn't been on the pitch for ages when there's an injury.

Just watched the second half on Rams Player. We have our sharpness back it seems. I thought both Ward & Dawkins were sharp and creative. Nothing wrong with Martin. I am unsure if Bamford can link up play and occupy the centre of defence just yet so I'm not sure if I would start him. Start any three from six: Dawkins Ward, Martin, Bamford, Sammon & Russell. Nice position to be in.

Relax, we've got Yeovil this Tuesday and I'm pretty sure Bamford will start. I really like Martin, but I want to see Bamford get a start and see what he can do.

No offence to Yeovil, they're a really good League 1 calibre team and Bamford has proven he can score at that level consistently. No offence to MK Dons either, but we've got better players around him that can supply him the nice balls from which he will score Derby's third hat trick of the season.

Martin can watch on from the bench, supporting his team mates whilst waving his burger in the air every time we score.

7-0 mate. Bamford, Ward, Bamford, Bamford, Hughes, Bryson, Martin.

No, but I think you will agree that football fitness is very different from, for example, marathon snickers fitness.

It changed its name.

I must admit, i have wracked my brain and shook every bit of football experience out of it, and I still can't explain how a professional footballer actually puts ON weight during a gruelling 46 game campaign.

I'm lost.

I love him as a player. But I'm lost.

I must admit, i have wracked my brain and shook every bit of football experience out of it, and I still can't explain how a professional footballer actually puts ON weight during a gruelling 46 game campaign.

I'm lost.

I love him as a player. But I'm lost.

Playing games without training in between perhaps?

Relax, we've got Yeovil this Tuesday and I'm pretty sure Bamford will start. I really like Martin, but I want to see Bamford get a start and see what he can do.

No offence to Yeovil, they're a really good League 1 calibre team and Bamford has proven he can score at that level consistently. No offence to MK Dons either, but we've got better players around him that can supply him the nice balls from which he will score Derby's third hat trick of the season.

Martin can watch on from the bench, supporting his team mates whilst waving his burger in the air every time we score.

7-0 mate. Bamford, Ward, Bamford, Bamford, Hughes, Bryson, Martin.

Agree with everything, apart from the score :rolleyes:

Archived