Jamie Ward

rammieib

Someone tell rynny you're not allowed multiple accounts

I was gonna say that I get fed up of Dawkins and Ward's ambitious shots. Have they not figured out they aren't good at them?

But we seem to be doing fine.

:lol: that wasn't me. Whilst Dawkins has not impressed me as much as he has others, I still think he is valuable to the squad. I think he would be a great impact player (like against Wigan)

My starting front 3, from what I have seen, is Ward Martin Russell. Might be harsh on Bamford but I don't think he is suited to the winger role. I am only judging him from the Brighton game and a few times he left Wisdom and then Hendrick with 2 players. But SM might have told him to not worry about defending and to just worry about scoring.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ward is just out of form, if we rest him on Tuesday and even possibly Saturday, I reckon he'll come back and put in better performances to try and hold his place in the starting XI down. Him under-performing could also be due to complacency because he always starts....  Either way, I would start Bamford and Tuesday and (if fit), Russell for Dawkins.

I think Ward is just out of form, if we rest him on Tuesday and even possibly Saturday, I reckon he'll come back and put in better performances to try and hold his place in the starting XI down. Him under-performing could also be due to complacency because he always starts....  Either way, I would start Bamford and Tuesday and (if fit), Russell for Dawkins.

Will was dropped, and it seemed to give him the requisite kick up the backside.

Sooner have Ward than Dawkins, Trouble with Dawkins , he thinks he can win every game on his own. poor signing ,in my opinion.

I concur, according to Radio Derby Ward had a good game [better than recent weeks], he may make mistakes when in defensive areas but at least he puts in an actual effort as opposed to simulated efforts from Dawkins.   When in attacking mode he is more likely to pass to a team-mate in a better position than Dawkins whose greedy streak is evident in every game he plays.

I concur, according to Radio Derby Ward had a good game [better than recent weeks], he may make mistakes when in defensive areas but at least he puts in an actual effort as opposed to simulated efforts from Dawkins.   When in attacking mode he is more likely to pass to a team-mate in a better position than Dawkins whose greedy streak is evident in every game he plays.

Another one spouting rubbish who wasn't at the game yesterday.

It is all about opinions and having been watching DCFC since 1946 I think I am entitled to mine, as for rubbish are you an acknowledged expert?

Damned right - I spout more rubbish on here than most. However, you posted your diatribe without the benefit of having watched Dawkins's performance on Saturday. "Every game he plays" you said.

Sometimes, a statement like that bites you in the bum. Teethmarks fade though.

I watched the second half v blackburn.

Although ward was taken off after 64 minutes, i thought he was playing well.

He had been booked though.

And the change was probably pre-planned.

Dawkins seemed to be playing pretty well too.

In fact everyone was playing well......including sammon when he came on.

We had 62% possession and hughes pulling the strings.

There didn't seem to be the physical intimidation characteristic of wigan and the players rediscovered some form.

Wupert adds a missing ingredient.

The ability to shoot from 25 yards and shoot early in contrast to our tendency to want to walk it in sometimes.

Can't we enjoy a win instead of criticising jamie ward?

I watched the second half v blackburn.

Although ward was taken off after 64 minutes, i thought he was playing well.

He had been booked though.

And the change was probably pre-planned.

Dawkins seemed to be playing pretty well too.

In fact everyone was playing well......including sammon when he came on.

We had 62% possession and hughes pulling the strings.

There didn't seem to be the physical intimidation characteristic of wigan and the players rediscovered some form.

Wupert adds a missing ingredient.

The ability to shoot from 25 yards and shoot early in contrast to our tendency to want to walk it in sometimes.

Can't we enjoy a win instead of criticising jamie ward?

I know there was some decent beer in the pub, but come on chap. Drink up when it gets to quarter to three.

Archived