Players return

King Kevin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We want Wussell........we want Wussell.

I want to see him wabbitt punch Wupert.........like he did Will Hughes.

Shouldn't that be Rill Hughes?

My starting XI against Blackburn would be:

Grant

Wisdom           Keogh            Buxton            Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes                         Bryson

Bamford                                                    Russell

Martin

I would leave Dawkins and Ward out because they've seemed lightweight and ineffective in the last few games. Russell has more explosive pace so will cause havoc in the Blackburn defence (hopefully    :D ). Bamford deserves a start after his goal also. Dawkins + Ward can then be used as impact subs.

Grant

Wisdom           Keogh            Buxton            Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes                         Bryson

Bamford                                                    Russell

Martin

I would leave Dawkins and Ward out because they've seemed lightweight and ineffective in the last few games. Russell has more explosive pace so will cause havoc in the Blackburn defence (hopefully    :D ). Bamford deserves a start after his goal also. Dawkins + Ward can then be used as impact subs.

Hendrick in for Hughes and you're on to a winner, I think ;)

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes Bryson

Bamford Russell

Martin

I would leave Dawkins and Ward out because they've seemed lightweight and ineffective in the last few games. Russell has more explosive pace so will cause havoc in the Blackburn defence (hopefully :D ). Bamford deserves a start after his goal also. Dawkins + Ward can then be used as impact subs.

This negative attitude towards Jamie Ward being ineffective is really starting to annoy me.

Jamie Ward should be playing every week. Competition is good but he is the go to man to create something.

He had a great game vs Brighton.

Two or three runs in the first half, one nearly ended goal from in a curling shot at the far post. He had a volley goalward bound blocked. People have criticised his set pieces and rightly so but Bryson was taking the majority.

Not to mention where did the goal come from? oh yeah Jamie wards mazy run and then being fouled before it was on a plate for Bamford!

Ward has took a lot of flak but you cannot drop him after a decent performance vs Brighton. And too say he was ineffective well I personally think that is very unfair.

Rant over.

Oh yeah he can't defend and won't and has a bad temper/attitude but he has been a very big part of our good play since Mclaren's arrival.

This negative attitude towards Jamie Ward being ineffective is really starting to annoy me.

Jamie Ward should be playing every week. Competition is good but he is the go to man to create something.

Two or three runs in the first half, one nearly ended goal from in a curling shot at the far post. He had a volley goalward bound blocked. People have criticised his set pieces and rightly so but Bryson was taking the majority.

Not to mention where did the goal come from? oh yeah Jamie wards mazy run and then being fouled before it was on a plate for Bamford!

Ward has took a lot of flak but you cannot drop him after a decent performance vs Brighton. And too say he was ineffective well I personally think that is very unfair.

Rant over.

Oh yeah he can't defend and won't and has a bad temper/attitude but he has been a very big part of our good play since Mclaren's arrival.

Get to bed, Jamie. You've got training in the morning!

;)

Rant over.

His first 6 or so games under McClaren, he was in unbelievable form, our best player for most games. Recently, however I would argue he has been ineffective. His end product is poor i.e. crossing both from open play and set pieces and he's not scoring anymore. As a forward, end product is key to be honest, his 'mazy' runs may look good but if he holds onto the ball for too long and gives it away easily we've gained nothing going forward. I'm not saying he shouldn't attempt to take players on, he should, but his final ball needs to improve. You're correct about his assist, however it is a prime example of Ward trying to do too much. He gave the ball away, luckily it landed at Bamford's feet who produced a smart finish and give Ward an assist he didn't really deserve.

I'm not saying he's been terrible, just very average. On his day, he is one of the best wingers/forwards in the league, but he's not performing to that standard at the minute. The decision of Russell in for Ward also is down to effort on the pitch. Ward often looks dis-interested whereas Johnny will run no end and will always give 100%. I believe Ward just needs a game or two on the bench to regain the hunger and desire to play, which will hopefully produce better performances from him in future games. 

It wasn't a direct assault on Ward, just a justification for Russell instead of Ward.     :)

I think the problem with Ward is this:

He can create chances, and is a tricky little bogger.

But his crap corners and free kicks make us forget the good things he does and leave us remembering groaning at the set pieces.

Relieve him of those duties, and opinions will change.

Archived