Lee Grant

rad1919

Pity about the 2 soft goals he let in before that

*1 soft goal on his part.

Their first goal couldn't have been any more in the corner. I'd blame the 4 or 5 outfield players who he danced past before even thinking about blaming Grant for that one.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pity about the 2 soft goals he let in before that

Angle on the 1st one was always difficult to get to, let alone save; if you've seen the replay it was actually just a very good shot. Keogh is equally to blame for the second, how is he meant to prepare for a possible shot AND the possibility of (a more likely) pass across goal?

Pretty harsh on him to say that.

First goal he'd watched the player run with the ball and then shot a 30 odd yard daisy cutter which I think should've been a fairly routine stop , I agree the player should have been closed down long before he had chance to shoot but I think he will look at replay and be disappointed , second goal he was in a great position but his bloody legs were so far apart you could've got a bus thru the gap let alone the ball !!

The save from the back header was top draw tho

First goal he'd watched the player run with the ball and then shot a 30 odd yard daisy cutter which I think should've been a fairly routine stop , I agree the player should have been closed down long before he had chance to shoot but I think he will look at replay and be disappointed , second goal he was in a great position but his bloody legs were so far apart you could've got a bus thru the gap let alone the ball !!

The save from the back header was top draw tho

1st went through a defender's legs.

• 2 weeks later...

Had some critics this season but flawless today. Quality saves in both halves.

And won us another 3 Points last night. For me he has been the key ingredient this year and our lofty position is largely down to him. 

We were having a beer last night and went back over last years fixtures and estimated that a combination of the two keepers cost us 12pts with basic mistakes and poor decision making. Note,by merit, we did take note of the points earned with exceptional saves.

This year we have Grant down as earning 10pts to date.

On that basis, and if it continues, I know who my player of the year will be.

And won us another 3 Points last night. For me he has been the key ingredient this year and our lofty position is largely down to him. 

We were having a beer last night and went back over last years fixtures and estimated that a combination of the two keepers cost us 12pts with basic mistakes and poor decision making. Note,by merit, we did take note of the points earned with exceptional saves.

Bucko?

Add 3 more...

Archived