Chocolate Bar/Biscuit/Cereal Bar of the day.

Mostyn6

Sugar is as dangerous as alcohol and tobacco, warn health experts Britain's obesity crisis could be reversed within five years if food companies reduced sugar in products by 30 per cent, health experts claim as they launch a new campaign to cut intake

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10559671/Sugar-is-as-dangerous-as-alcohol-and-tobacco-warn-health-experts.html

Hosed!

Bulls**t propaganda. I've been addicted to sugar for twenty years and I can stop at any time. If I want. Which I don't.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. My blood glucose levels go up if i just look at a mars bar. Dont drink alcohol either. Its all percentages. I know people with diabetes that do eat badly and drink etc but it will harm them long term.

I'm one of them. Although I have type 2 and it ain't so bad yet. After I got diagnosed I still can have a beer or two but I try to eat extra healthy on those days. Also had some chocs but if I get too much I can't stay up. Learning still. Things been relatively good for me so far.

This is the year I'm trying to really shape up. One good thing though. I started to put monet away at the beginning of the month as I'm saving from my usual beer and sweets consumption. So trips and watches for me in the future.

I have a mate who is diabetic.

When we go out he has a curry, two pints, and then a big pudding, followed by a handful of sweets.

Mind you.....he looks a bit fcked.

I'm one of them. Although I have type 2 and it ain't so bad yet. After I got diagnosed I still can have a beer or two but I try to eat extra healthy on those days. Also had some chocs but if I get too much I can't stay up. Learning still. Things been relatively good for me so far.

This is the year I'm trying to really shape up. One good thing though. I started to put monet away at the beginning of the month as I'm saving from my usual beer and sweets consumption. So trips and watches for me in the future.

Im type 1.. No let up im afraid. Dont know much about type 2. What medication do you take? Metformin?

Im type 1.. No let up im afraid. Dont know much about type 2. What medication do you take? Metformin?

Nothing as now. I got until March to prove that I can get by with eating right and training. Sugar still 7,3 - 7,5 so will be on pills soon.

There's a Newcastle university study that shows evidence of Type 2 diabetes being completely cured in 4 weeks by following a certain diet i seem to remember reading a bit back.

Summat to do with veg soup i think?

Four weeks of veg soup and I'd be six feet under because of boredom.

There's a Newcastle university study that shows evidence of Type 2 diabetes being completely cured in 4 weeks by following a certain diet i seem to remember reading a bit back.

Summat to do with veg soup i think?

Sadly it doesnt cure as such. There are cases where blood sugar levels returned to normal for long periods but the diet must be maintained.

Its not like " oh look..my blood sugar is at 5 all the time..i can spend the next year eating cakes and burger king".

Sadly it doesnt cure as such. There are cases where blood sugar levels returned to normal for long periods but the diet must be maintained.

Its not like " oh look..my blood sugar is at 5 all the time..i can spend the next year eating cakes and burger king".

Sorry, "cure" is the wrong word. You are absolutely right, all the diet does is return your blood sugar level to a reasonable level. You still have to keep it there.

only just spotted this thread and im afraid to say all of you lot are a bunch of fools, 

there is one biscuit that is top, a hero of snacks, a messiah of biscuits

ladies and gentlemen 

the Chocolate hobnob, nothing else compares there is no situation where you would prefer another!!!

Although I am partial to a few bourbons if im on a light day lol 

Archived