Patrick Bamford - joins on loan from Chelsea until May 2014

Ambitious

Am I supposed to read the whole thread, then go back to the post I want to comment on?

Because you didn't.

I pointed out in this very thread yesterday that Bamford is already cup-tied.

For goodness sake.

:p

But if he wasn't cup tied,even though he's not signing til Monday,do you think he would have played tomoro?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if he wasn't cup tied,even though he's not signing til Monday,do you think he would have played tomoro?

If my uncle had been female, would he have been my aunt?

Of course not. The unwritten rule that you aren't allowed to play against your parent club would have kicked in.

It's not unwritten. I posted this yesterday...

1. i)  A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club. 

It's not unwritten. I posted this yesterday...

1. i)  A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club. 

I stand corrected!  :rolleyes:

exactly my point.

We've one the deal.....so why isn't he here instead of playing in a game which is meaningless for him.

But not meaningless for the club he is playing for at the moment - quite the opposite in fact. It's a huge game for MK and they stand a far greater chance of winning with Bamford than without him.

I'm sure you'd be delighted if (hypothetically) keane or wisdom were to leave us the day before an important cup game simply because another club thought they ought to, even if their loan period wasn't up!

Up to the MK manager I guess, though Chelsea might have had a recall clause. If I was MK manager I would certainly play him, and I would expect any manager to do the same. Doesn't matter what Derby think as he's not our player til Monday. Still, seeing as he is cup tied, it doesn't really matter!

Am I supposed to read the whole thread, then go back to the post I want to comment on?

Because you didn't.

I pointed out in this very thread yesterday that Bamford is already cup-tied.

For goodness sake.

:p

for goodness sake, I pointed it out before you pointed it out.

I'm sure you'd be delighted if (hypothetically) keane or wisdom were to leave us the day before an important cup game simply because another club thought they ought to, even if their loan period wasn't up!

Thats the risk with loan players.

......anyway what about our important match v Leicester.

every team will look to break him.

Mind you, they say it's a tougher league and he may not like the rough treatment championship defenders will give him, but, I think league 1 defenders would be more physical in the tackle than in the champ'. Our lot ought to be better at marking and positional play?

Edited by Boycie, 13 minutes ago. Yes, you are supposed to read the whole thread before commenting. Especially pun threads.

Has there been a pun infringement? Any warnings/bans?

Sorry, didn't mean to press the pun infringement button, you can go back to the mod room. I'll be back in a minute, hope you paused the dirty film.

only where the parent club is concerned. I'm sure Chelsea would have preferred him to play today to get as much experience as possible.

As said before, we have absolutely no say over him until Monday and certainly can't dictate to other clubs who a player who isn't ours can or can't play for!

Anyway, looks like a good decision, he'll arrive at ours full of confidence after a goal at Wigan today. 

Archived